QLD LOGAN 2022

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by DavidDavid, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MissMel

MissMel Well-Known Member

Arthurark likes this.
  2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I would say because they are asking above $760k+ which means realistically the vendor wants a $800k+ sale price for it.

Its getting very expensive and for $800k+ maybe ppl are preferring other places than this plus its only a 3 bedroom. Massive land though but for many FHBs they dont want it or care for huge land sizes.

3. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  4. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

5. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

In Logan, on large blocks they can. Very rarely see it redice value, unless it's a mansion.

6. VKeen2Learn

VKeen2Learn Active Member

7. thunderstrike888

I'm bookmarking this for sure!!!

If this gets $600k+ its going to be a record for sure for Crestmead for a 3 bedder.

I was p!$sed off today because I had some maintenance issues come up. Fix broken roof tiles and repoint all the ridge capping at one of my houses in Bracken Ridge for $1500 but then I come on here and see how much my places are rising all over Brisbane and all is forgiven.

Just realise these small expenses are nothing compared to how much places are rising.

Sit back relax and dont let the stress of it all get to me. I get more stressed as I get older for some reason. LOL

momentum26 likes this.
  8. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

As a first home buyer I would pay 800 all day for the SP property over 600 for that Crestmead one if I had to buy in the area and could afford it. I recon those homes are better value than 800k in Pimpama or Coomera.

Their expectations are probably a bit out. There are a few places around me that haven’t sold because there laughably overpriced.

750 in Edens landing for a nice 422 and pool last week.

Arthurark likes this.
  9. thunderstrike888

I would too but $$$ talks and bank loans matter. $200k+ difference can mean either you buy or you dont buy so at $800k price bracket its getting up there for the average FHB thats for sure.

I mentioned in another thread I think that some banks are using $30k per child per year as expenditure. That is HUGE and if you have 2 kids + stay at home mom + earning less than $150k a year + bills, insurance, food, internet, mobile and all the other basic expenses well $800k is a big struggle.

10. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

11. boganfromlogan

So part of this is affordability, this is what I like about Logan affordability makes it desirable as other places are only aspirations/dreams

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  12. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Of cause there are plenty enough ‘other’ demographics in logan to pay the premium of premium suburbs. I recon it will sell for 8 soon enough if there are no major issues.

13. Rove

Rove Member

14. MissMel

Hmm. Normally I’d agree, but there was little interest at open I attended. It was initially low 8s, then 799, today 760. I’d have definitely thought the downstairs would appeal if looking to generate additional income stream. I’m just surprised because everything else is going like hotcakes, and I wouldn’t have actually thought 800 was unreasonable? The place presented really well, in comparison to 8 Bauple Cres, Rochedale South. That house was absolutely filthy, signs of damage everywhere you looked, including cracked pool. One bedroom so packed with junk that you couldn’t even step inside. Agent told us they want low 8s for that. The difference between the two houses was night and day.

15. thunderstrike888

Lets see. If it sells for $600k I'm going to get a bottle of Dom Perignon 2012 Vintage and drink it all that night I find out to celebrate :)

Maybe something wrong with the structure of the house or something? Possible. Maybe the agent just sucks bigtime.

Anyway I dont think they have anything to worry about. Just hold off a few more weeks and it will fetch 800k. Brisbane rising still at a scary rate.

16. MissMel

I swear Strudwick sells half of Logan! I’d be surprised if you hadn’t seen his face on a heap of signs that side of the highway.

17. strayingknight

strayingknight Well-Known Member

This morning when it came up it was listed for 350k. A few hours later it became "Contact Agent".... and now it's 600k. I wouldn't read too much into the figure - agents smoked

18. strayingknight

strayingknight Well-Known Member

still have the tab open from this morning....

Attached Files:

Hamish84 likes this.
  19. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

Weird!

You should buy it :D

44 Tanaldi Street, Shailer Park, Qld 4128
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-shailer+park-138215278

20. boganfromlogan