QLD LOGAN 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balotelli14, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Best surbubs in Logan Council ?

1. acacia ridge

21 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Crestmead

40 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Rochedale South

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Springwood

30 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Daisy Hill

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Shailer Park

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Woodridge

24 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mytwocents

mytwocents Well-Known Member

Park Ridge..... Is this section of SE area good? is it better than Bellbird Park, Springfield?

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I might think so, but parts of Springfield lakes are nice enough, Park Ridge doesn't have train.

Park Ridge is affordable by comparison, good road network, good employment and access to GC.

The newer estates might not be great for capital gain by comparison......

So mixed bag.

I think better 5han Bellbird, but I am one eyed Logan lover:)

3. JQ88

JQ88 Well-Known Member

holly molly... this is a very good price for that size LMR block, and personally i dont think you can fit 5-8 dwellings based on net density as advertised. But half a mil for a Kingston property hey?

boganfromlogan likes this.
  4. JQ88

JQ88 Well-Known Member

Does anyone notice Agents are now put a Sold price on the property, whereas 12mo ago it would be "contact agent"?
    in addition to seeing many "under offer" in first few days of sale and Agents are disclosing sold price(meaning they're happy with their sold price?), I think we're really in a boom territory..

davewa and boganfromlogan like this.
  5. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

What if the boom has reached its peak?

6. LP7

LP7 Well-Known Member

Speed of sale and auction clearance rate are more indicative of the boom having legs to run.

I generally think an agent disclosing the sale price is positive too - why wouldn't you if you were the agent? Helps move the market further up and shows you've done a good job. I'd be less inclined to disclose if went for under.

JQ88, Hamish84 and boganfromlogan like this.
  7. DavidDavid

Things might change as more stringent Assessments for loans is put into place.... I hope it will not be the case but it looks like the government wants to slow down growth rate of properties... Hopefully will not start a downtrend in the process....

8. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Westpac just reviewed their predictions now that they expect Sydney to rise 27% this year and Brisbane to be around 22%.

Sydney house prices to rise 27pc: Westpac

I was just listening on the news that the increase in assessment by APRA is having not much affect on the growth. As I mentioned APRA is just doing it to "show" they are actively "trying" to do something rather than nothing. They all know this is not going to slow down the market.

Fundamentals of the economy and the current situation dont change by APRA doing that.

DavidDavid likes this.
  9. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Dont really follow the market outside 4114. But think it might stay put at around 400k for an average condition house. Still getting the idea from my REA that is still very investor driven area. Even then its prob still in the high 3s so there is room to go up.

Newer crestmead/Western side of Marsden - looks like its actually gentrifying into a more a more OO neighbourhood so who knows.

Also I guess it all depends how BCC performs. Im guess lot of people would rather live there but are being priced out and coming a few ks south

10. Dishala

Dishala Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that crestmead seems to be cheaper than boronia heights even though the fundamentals are very similar. Crestmead has higher average income too

boganfromlogan likes this.
  11. commencing_my_journey21

commencing_my_journey21 Active Member

I was nearly joining you all as an IP owner but unfortunately someone blew me out of the water with about an hour to go. I hate being the bridesmaid but I couldn't justify it so stuck to my guns of walking away. Hopefully soon, I will break my duck

momentum26 likes this.
  12. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

As hard as it is, don't let FOMO get the better of you. Houses will continue to be there and keep building your knowledge in the background.

13. commencing_my_journey21

commencing_my_journey21 Active Member

Thanks Chris, exactly right I am seeing this as an opportunity to gain more time to hopefully make a better decision. I won't lie though it did give me the ***** when it happened because like everyone else I want to try and enter this hot market without missing out on too much more of the large gains already made. I appreciate your supportive words, have a good day mate

14. Daveyjones

Daveyjones Member

Wants Bald Hills like considering making a offer on a property there agent wants 600k tho.

Nice area?

15. DavidDavid

I called Domain and they said although the evaluation cannot be taken as Gospel or a set law it is rather accurate especially where the price accuracy color its on Bright green (high accuracy). It takes account a lot on what it is sold in the vicinity with the same features. More houses gets sold around the house of interest and more pinpoint an even more accurate price. The Rep said also that more an area is hot and more accurate would be the price evaluation. Areas with not much movement in sale would be a little less accurate.

16. Chris Au

I know the feeling. I made offers, had B&Ps done on at least 10 properties, not in a hot market. Propertychat has been good to me, but there were some I was disappointed to miss out on. It all came to the numbers and my spreadsheet told Me when to stop. Keep going back to your fundamentals and you'll Keep on track

17. Chris Au

I had a Comm bank and RP Data analysis Done and the comparable properties shown were from months ago. I would add a bit to the price range in this rising market

DavidDavid likes this.
  18. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

19. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

Dario likes this.
  20. Chris Au

(low?) 600s seems ok to me. Not sure how auctions would affect the price, yourself @boganfromlogan would know more about how auctions are currently being received? The photos present the place well and close to a school but I'd like to know how busy that thoroughfare is. Looks like it would be more targeted to OO opposed to Investors?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.