QLD LOGAN 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balotelli14, 16th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Best surbubs in Logan Council ?

1. acacia ridge

21 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Crestmead

40 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Rochedale South

57 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. Springwood

30 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Daisy Hill

27 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Shailer Park

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. Woodridge

24 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

It has only started to move since few months ago.

There is room for prices to go north with the homebuyers getting priced out of inner suburbs. (I think)

Stevo123 likes this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Seeing a disparity between property that ' photographs ' well vs property that needs work.

Interstate investors only have appetite for nice looking property.

I think there are fixer opportunities in Logan.

Also agree there is more to come.

momentum26 likes this.
  3. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Yes I would. 10% is nothing in this run plus even at $450k for a 4/2/2 you would get a newish house and for that price you will not be able to build an equivalent house. Its still way undervalued as is much of Brisbane.

Comparing this boom to past booms its not really valid. Its a GLOBAL property boom, the virus is around, trillions in money printing globally, jobs market is strong and unemployment at its lowest ever, lowest interest rates we've ever seen, very very low stock, huge huge demand from FHBs and investors now.

Never in the past have all these aligned to create the perfect storm. Never.

If you were in Sydney you could not buy a single property for $350k on not even a studio bedroom unit (or it would be very difficult) let alone a free standing 3/1/1 house. All of Brisbane is still too cheap!!!!

Yeah this boom is going to keep going for the foreseeable future.

Stevo123 likes this.
  4. Stevo123

Stevo123 Active Member

I think the same thing, I bought in West Sydney in 2010 like you and always regret not buying more. Think a similar opportunity presents now especially with decent yields. Have a couple here already and have a preference in these areas rather than buy closer to the city.

Sounds like you're killing it with your investing so hat off to you. Always a bit hard psychologically to buy when you know prices have moved up but agree that a great buying opportunity is here with favourable lending conditions. Going to be a busy few months for me.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  5. thunderstrike888

Yep this is the hardest part. Getting over your own mental doubts and demons. What I have also learnt is if you've done your due diligence there is nothing more you can do. Have faith and jump in. I was hesitant when I was a bit younger of buying in Sydney's west when prices there were $250k-$300k and back then I remember thinking man these houses are way overpriced when I saw them for under $200k some even $170k. Now all of these houses are $800k+.

It always feels expensive when you have seen a run up. Happens to everyone.

6. thunderstrike888

Logan is the headlines again. I've been seeing this trend for a while now. Logan going from strength to strength I'm telling ya. Its the guys that can see it before it completely booms are the ones that are going to make a motsa. Once all the news is out and its common knowledge on how much Logan has gentrified well you've already missed the boat!!!

Keep going LOGAN!!!

Green Space a Natural Draw In the Logan Region- realestate.com.au

boganfromlogan likes this.
  7. boganfromlogan

Well if Yarrabilba booms I will eat my hat!!

But I recall equal surprise when Eagleby heated up!!

Is there no end to this??

As an aside residents of Logan City Council areas have us always enjoyed fantastic birdlike, much more than some of the hit/dusty regions. Not advertised much but an unexpected bonus of the region.

Maybe they are all 'twitchers' moving in? Is that the right term?

Love Logan.

8. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Batehaven Street.

9. Sunny347

Sunny347 Member

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. My 2nd post. I am based in Sydney and have been looking at investment property in Brisbane around 400-450K in South side of Brisbane between Brisbane and gold coast.

I have zoomed in 3 areas: Crestmead, Marsden and Eagleby.

Question: Why these areas are so cheap compared to surrounding suburbs? Crime rate, bad reputation of past? Rental return is OK in these and not too much negative, i am looking for growth though.

jds881 likes this.
  10. Rich2011

For 450k there are better areas to invest in Logan than Crestmead, Marsden and Eagleby. Nothing wrong with those suburbs (Eagleby is one of my favourites but a lot less than 400-450k) but there are better options IMO.

Toby and Harveys like this.
  11. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Look at suburbs that are more owner occupier appealing like edens landing and regents park much better long term prospects. Crestmead is ok but there are better options for the $.

12. Sunny347

Sunny347 Member

Thank you for the feedback. Could you share 3-4 suburbs in that budget? Edens Landing is good but i found the houses are very old. Most of the houses are more than 35-40 years old.

13. Sunny347

Sunny347 Member

Hi Mate, I also looked at Eagleby. Houses are quite cheap but some people say that it may have highway and government might take the land back. Sitting here in Sydney for the last 6 weeks in lock down, it doesn't help. My idea was to come over and drive through the areas. Looking at the cases, doesnt look like we will be out by end of Ocotber this year.

14. boganfromlogan

Eagleby is doing surprisingly well, and has through this latest boom. Maybe Beenleigh could be on Ur radar too.

Good transport options.

Maybe Boronia Hts could be an option too.

4131 has got some infrastructure $$ being spent on hospital and station....those places nearby might be good also ( including Marsden ).

Good luck!!

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  15. thunderstrike888

Your suburbs you have nailed down are fine. Crestmead/Marsden are performing extremely well attracting many FHBs due to price point and what you can get for $450k.

Have a look also at Loganholme, Loganlea I think these areas have some really good potential and they are getting quite popular as well.

16. Sunny347

Sunny347 Member

Thank you Mate. You are one of the most active member here. Your feedback is much appreciated. I am looking in the corridor between Brisbane and good cost so Beenleigh, eagle by even marsden is good.

Beenleigh isn’t know for its crime rate just out of curiosity. My knowledge of Brisbane market is limited.

17. boganfromlogan

Well there is a court there so plenty of goings on in Beenleigh. Doesn't mean crimes are committed there.

The areas with most crimes in SEQ are West End and the coastal areas 8ncluding surfers and Redcliffe peninsula.

You do get petty crime on lower socio economic areas but not outrageous.....I think probably less than other places anyway.

There are also sometimes reports of 'undesirables' in some suburbs .... I hear that around 4131 ( my favourite place!) ....I think that might be related to mental health facilities, perhaps even rehab facilities........

So whilst snooty ppl might turn up their noses, I have few issues, and I know ppl from Brisbane can be rather harsh based on ethnicity and social status. Qlders are spoilt so much sun, no one works hard....... I even heard someone complain about new Zealand ers. I LOVE NZ .... Anzac spirit and all that.

18. Rich2011

I believe the route for the new motorway has been on display for a while. It's going to run around the back of Eagleby, most stock standard houses on 600m2 blocks are safe it's the larger blocks that are being resumed. Just buy well clear of the proposed motorway and you'd be fine. The best value in Eagleby are the older solid houses that require a small cosmetic makeover, much better value IMO than a newer 4/4/2 for 450k.

19. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Info on the Coomera Connector

20. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Edens landing is mostly 1990s stock, "Some" newer propertys in Creastmead and Marsden but smaller blocks, New stock on the outskirts with smaller blocks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.