Lodging another loan at the same time

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Martinez22, 10th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Martinez22

Martinez22 Well-Known Member

So I applied for a loan with a lender, but they keep coming up for more requirements and it's just looking messy in terms of what they're after. I found another lender whose willing to provide what we need and have given me the go ahead. My broker is also being super slow and unresponsive with the current loan application.

I was wondering, can I apply for the same type of loan with another lender?
    Are there any implications of doing this, the initial application has been conditionally approved but the conditions are looking complicated, at this point I'm super frustrated and just want to try the other lender.

Thoughts?

2. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

You can do it, especially if it looks like you can't meet the conditions.

Usually a good idea to talk to your broker (or another about it) if you plan on going down that route. If your going solo or to another broker, let them know upfront whats going on so that they can explain it. Also good idea to mention the conditions that can't be met & provide full disclosure, will definitely help whoever your working with work out a solution rather than be blindsided.

Martinez22 and Brady like this.
  3. Martinez22

Sounds good. Will the original lender be notified of the second application if its lodged? Also what if both lenders reach unconditional approval - then what happens?

4. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Choose :)

why the hurry ?

ta
    rolf

Martinez22 likes this.
  5. PropertyInsight

PropertyInsight Well-Known Member

Just select one of lenders you prefer. No hurt!!

6. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Probably not.

The first lender would have already looked at your credit file.

The second lender will want confirmation that the first application isn't proceeding.

Cheers

Jamie

7. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Give the broker a call to discuss as sometimes other methods of communication fall through he gaps.

Often it is the lenders turn around times that make the broker look "slow" so he/she may be able to escalate the file to meet conditions, plus its courteous as a lot of work is involved in an application contrary to popular opinion.

Martinez22 likes this.
  8. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Good advice. It can be a very frustrating game for not only the client, but the broker in having to wait for the banks to get back to us, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is a lot to do with the communication side.

Re; the OP's scenario - definitely touch base with the broker, see whether there is likely to be issues with the bank actually approving the loan and go from there. If they think its worth looking at any alternative option then they can help you go down that path. You may very well find an alternative lender may come up with just as many or more questions - they all need to do their due diligence before handing over hundreds of thousands of dollars to effectively strangers.

tobe likes this.
  9. Martinez22

Thanks Colin, it would help if the broker actually responding to my calls/emails :confused:

Brady likes this.
  10. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

If that is the case then do what you need to do to get the job done!