Locals helping locals: 100 Hampton Road Pitch In for a Kitchen crowdfunding

Discussion in 'Philanthropy' started by JenW, 3rd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! Saw a thing on the news tonight about this, and thought it was a fantastic idea. Basically 100 Hampton Road now have a fully funded commercial kitchen where their residents can make jams, chutneys and all sorts for sale to the public. Now they are just looking for some assistance to fit out the kitchen with things like utensils, etc.

I've not described it very well, but their crowdfunding page is much clearer, so I'd recommend you check it out: https://chuffed.org/project/pitch-in-for-a-kitchen

Essentially it's giving vulnerable Western Australians a chance to give back to the community - a hand up, rather than a hand out. Great idea :)

2. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Fantastic idea

3. hematite

hematite Well-Known Member

I spent a day with 100 Hampton Road helping move some furniture into the common rooms and met the lovely residences and FORM staff who help make it all happen.

I've done a fair bit of volunteering at different places and the attitude of the residents at 100 Hampton road was one of the best I had ever seen. There is so much kindness and willingness to learn in that building from what I saw. I definitely recommend donating to their cause :)