LJ Hooker Springvale Fraud Agent Jailed

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by TMNT, 15th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Nyugen was jailed for 20 months and must serve at least eight months in prison before she is eligible for release on parole.

She was also ordered to pay a $1500 fine.

craigc, Jezzah and qak like this.
  2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

What a joke, gets less becasue she has 4 kids,

I've got three kids, might go murder a few people

Whats a person with 6 kids who steals going to get ?
    A cash bonus?

Dan Wood likes this.
  3. Jezzah

Jezzah Well-Known Member

How much time did her husband get? If I am not mistaken he was accused of embezzling over 2m.

Thankfully the article indicated that they were able to extract cash from the family business to repay all the stolen funds (after the government initially covered the victims shortfall). So often I worry that people in their position have to walk away with a giant hole in their net worth. It's still possible they took a financial hit with legal fees and opportunity costs etc. However, I worried it would be far worse

4. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I'm just about to file in court having been ripped off by someone who runs a program teaching vendor finance strategies. She's a licensed REA. It takes alot of time and effort to even locate the appropriate people to help you to deal with these crooks and get your money back. You can lose tens of thousands in a heartbeat by choosing the wrong lawyer. You're looking for people with runs on the board taking down con artists and hardened crooks, and those people don't advertise.