Living space constructions sydney

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Lollie, 3rd Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

Has anyone used this company to renovate their unit? Can you share your experiences? Any recommendations for other renovation and design companies in Sydney would be appreciated.

2. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

I'm often surprised how little recommendations for tradespeople there are on this site.....too me this would make the site way more valuable.

This said Lollie.....perhaps you should describe the scope of work you are having done is.

samiam, bob shovel and Lollie like this.
  3. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

I'll be having a complete Reno done on a unit in Randwick sometime this year. New bathroom, kitchen, painting, carpets, built-ins. I live too far away and can't do any of the work myself such as painting but can visit for a week or so and co-ordinate trades. I'm not sure if it would be better to have a builder concentrate on the kitchen and bathroom while I organise the rest or if it would be cheaper and less of my time to get a renovation company.

4. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member

@Lollie I am currently looking at renovating my apartment in Kingsford. Have you decided on who to get? I am trying to get a company that does everything as I don't have time to project managed or do the work.

5. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

I haven't decided as yet. Tenants look like staying for a bit longer so there's no urgency but I'm still interested in any recommendations/experiences. I'll keep you posted when I decide.

6. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member

I used hipages and got a few builder response. Still thinking through who I will end up using.

7. Lollie

Lollie Well-Known Member

We could also read the reno posts to find forumites who have renovated in the eastern suburbs then pm them about who they use. I have had a quote from a builder who was recommended to me by someone who uses him to renovate her investment properties including one in Kingsford. I'll pm you his contact details if you like.

8. pwt

pwt Well-Known Member