Living Room topic consolidation

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Simon Hampel, 7th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I'm trying the consolidation of a few forum topics to address a bit of the topic proliferation we've suffered from recently.

Instead of separating out some of the more common topics into their own forum, I've set up thread "prefixes" which can be assigned to help group similar threads together.

So all "off topic" posts are now in the one "Living Room" forum - Living Room ... and you can optionally choose a prefix when creating a thread (don't worry if you forget or can't figure out which topic - it's easy for the mods to add it later - just create a thread in the Living Room as normal).

Remember that you can quickly filter the thread list by clicking on one of the prefixes to show only threads with the same topic:

upload_2019-4-7_9-5-49.png

I've also moved the Living Room in with the other "Community" forum topics, so you can find it here:

upload_2019-4-7_9-6-44.png

Note that the Politics forum remains as a separate forum for technical reasons, but has now been moved to a sub-forum of the Living Room.

upload_2019-4-7_9-8-39.png

2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

While we can filter the thread list by clicking on a topic name, it's a little awkward and counter-intuitive. If there have been no recent posts with that topic, somebody might not be able to find it easily.

However, when a filter has been applied, the topic of the filter is shown at the top.

Would it be possible to have topics listed at the top, and to be able to click on that topic rather than having to search for a post with the desired topic?

Simon Hampel likes this.
  3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Absolutely - already have it on the plan to do exactly that as part of the site upgrade.

geoffw likes this.