NSW Liverpool

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Matche, 3rd Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. blackenator

blackenator Well-Known Member

I work in Liverpool , gym in Liverpool and live close buy. I also think the long term potential for Liverpool is great with the possible airport and development in the area. Also the current mayor of Liverpool is very proactive and doing a great job with getting spending for Liverpool. As for the current prices for liverpool I do believe that the current new stock is way overpriced and the quality of the buidlings are very questionable

2. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Where did you go to school mate. I went to All Saints in Liverpool (old Patrician Brothers). USe to play squash at the place next to the bowling alley.

3. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Went to pats too. I think i am a bit older than you though!

4. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

Yep, would still be weary of buying OTP units in Liverpool. Some big residential developments still in the pipeline

5. paba

paba Active Member

But looks like there is still demand in liverpool !...people are still looking for rent in the area though..and net migration to the area ?
    Also niticed that house prices were a bit slow down in april/may but after last int cut n investors back..prices stil upwards
    Im looking for live in house..close to cbd around...but prices are above 700k+ for 40+ yr old homes...n a bit newer (20+)..are near 900k !

6. qonyx_sydney

qonyx_sydney Well-Known Member

Longer term 10+ years i think Liverpool may undergo a bit of gentrifying as a result of the UOW and WSU starting a presence there. This could speed up if it starts to see some business tenancy / corporate buildings pop up (which is likely). There is a tonne of infrastructure and population growth projected between Liverpool & Camden and having a local business centre would seem to makes sense.

University of Western Sydney unveils plans for new campus in Liverpool

Sydney's newest university to open next year

I will add that short term,the massive amount of OTP high density would concern me. If you really wanted to purchase even though you are at the wrong stage of the cycle, i think some of the neighboring suburbs that are still close to Liverpool would be a safer bet as you could get some land component as well.

Last edited: 12th Jul, 2016
    bobbyj likes this.
  7. DeanSydney

DeanSydney New Member

I have been following developments in Liverpool quite closely. There is at last count 11 cranes currently on the liverpool skyline. There are over 3,000 apartments in the pipeline, the entire north end of the CBD has been turned into a high residential zone. No doubt liverpool is becoming very dense.

I have created a map which display all the developments in Liverpool here: Liverpool Development Map

Besides the universities coming into the city centre, there is also the huge Moorebank intermodel terminal which is due to start construction any day now. Also the Sydney metro in investigating routes to extend the line from Bankstown to Liverpool which would reduce travel times to the city by 15-20 minutes from the current service via Granville.

If it were me buying, I would avoid off the plan as most developers are not known (the exceptions are Lateral Estate's Skyhaus & Coronation's The Paper Mill). I would be buying apartments which are clearly structurally sound and that have been built in the last 10 years as they are still relatively new and seemingly built to a higher standard.

Commercial projects are lacking however there is a project on Scott St which has just been demolished which will include 11 stories of A-grade office space for the government departments moving in. Liverpool could well and truly become the 3rd CBD of Sydney after Parramatta exceeding both North Sydney & Chatswood however proper planning must be done & the area has to entice big businesses to move there for this to occur.

ndpjai, Daniel007 and larrylarry like this.
  8. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

There is no doubt Liverpool will become a defined CBD of Sydney (it's part way there), it has all the facets available to achieve this. I still believe at this point in time it is risky to purchase an OTP unit. As we speak the site I was talking about on page one with the abandoned bowling alley has been demolished and site works have commenced. The beginning of yet another multi storey apartment complex which won't see completion until early 2018, a time where the lending environment and economic cycle may be vastly different as predicted by many on the forum.

9. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

That site is going to be two buildings, 27 and 23 stories respectively o_O

The Pinnacle Liverpool, 100 Castlereagh Street, Liverpool, NSW 2170 - realestate.com.au

[​IMG]

10. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Still plenty of buyers willing to splash the cash in Liverpool.

I recently checked out an 11 year old, 3 bedroom penthouse in Warwick Farm. More cracks than a plumbers' convention. Passed in at auction at 595K. Subsequently sold.

Not that long ago you could buy three houses in Mt Druitt for that sort of money.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.