Listing as 4 or 5 bedder which one is better?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by relentless1, 27th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. relentless1

relentless1 Member

So my 5 bed house (6 with converted garage) has been vacant for about 6 weeks and there hasn't been that much interest from what the agent is telling me so they kept asking me to lower the price over the weeks which I agreed to...still nobody.

I had asked the agents advice and suggested maybe we should list it as a 5 bed from the beginning (it was always listed as 4 previously). Only just now after 6 weeks of vacancy doing a search on domain I find the price for my 5 beds is cheaper than 30 of the 32 listed 4 beds. I assume people would think 5 beds is more expensive so surely we should list it in the 4 beds instead!?

Shouldn't the agent know the these things such as market price and amount of traffic the each bed category gets and advise accordingly?

Not to mention the agent told me the house hadn't been cleaned after 4 weeks of vacancy so they were 'getting cleaning quotes' for the previous tenant. I still haven't even been told if it was cleaned to be honest. Are they not meant to clean it immediately after they vacate?

Is this agent taking the p*** ?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Where is the house?

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yes. That's ridiculous. It's the property manager.

Ed Barton likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.