LIC & LIT LICs that invest for income in global equities?

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by wombat777, 31st Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what's available in terms of ASX-Listed LICs that invest for income in global equities?

Anything I should take a closer look at?

Recently became aware of WDIV and INCM in the ETF space but wondering if there are LICs with a lower expense ratio.

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

PMC is a reasonably consistent more income focused Global LIC but it’s mostly from trading activity. Fee is high however.

I used to look for Global Income but it resulted in too concentrated a portfolio. So nowadays I use ASX for higher income and accept Global for what it is. That is, broad diversification in industries lacking locally, protection against Home country risk and perhaps greater growth (including dividend growth).

You could also look at Global REIT (DJRE) and Infrastructure ETFs (IFRA and Vanguards new ETF) for a somewhat higher yield.

Ynot, Snowball and wombat777 like this.
  3. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Good point. I do like the capital growth boost you get in some markets but some of my ETF investments don't have much in the way of income so was looking for alternatives.

Was just thinking that the ideal time to invest in overseas income would have been back when AUD was close to USD parity. A pity I missed that opportunity.

4. Pleep

Pleep Well-Known Member

From what I can see VAE is not so closely correlated to AUD/USD. If you are keen on Asian markets investment amid all the China worries. I’m no expert but it is at 3% or so yield right now with small tax offset like 10% but obviously no franking credits.
    From what I have read (beware!) Asian dividends should grow along with longer term capital growth. Obviously comes with risks etc so do your own homework ;)