Letting Fee Entitlement

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liem Vo, 11th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Liem Vo

Liem Vo New Member

Hi, I am new here just wonder if anyone can help regarding heading above

I am moving to new agent, before taking over process the previous agent had found and engage new tenant for me, included deposit & bond , there is a charge of letting fee for 12mths deduct from my rental payment

At the moment the tenant want to move out then I just found out that there is wasn't any lease agreement contract had been sign between new tenant & previous agent, so my current agent try to get the contract sign but not success.

I try to recover the letting fee from previous agent but they refuse to refund because they did their job, but to my understand is if there is no lease agreement contract sign then the entitlement is not grant

Can anyone know please help to advice, thanks a lot.

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Regardless of lease, did the tenant pay rent? They take first 2 weeks of rent paid.

Also as an aside if tenant is leaving they should be charging bond. If no lease signed I would treat it as a breaklase for a periodic lease and charge 21 days of rent from bond, plus anything else incurred.

3. Liem Vo

Liem Vo New Member

Hi Xenia, thanks for helping

Regardless of lease, did the tenant pay rent? YES
    They take first 2 weeks of rent paid. WHO DO YOU MEAN? CURRENT AGENT? IF PREVIOUS AGENT YES THEY DID TOOK 2 WEEKS OF RENT AS LETTING FEE

At this point forward my new agent would know how to deal with the tenant to final the case and get new tenant

my query is previous agent did charge me letting fee for 12mths without provide tenancy agreement contract to me, are they entitle for letting fee payment?

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Why did they hand over the keys without a signed lease? What does the agency agreement say about letting fee - when is it payable? Before they complete the task?

How can they charge a letting fee of 12 months If they haven't secured a lease?

5. Liem Vo

Liem Vo New Member

you are right...!...that why I try to recover the letting fee charge from previous agent so I can paid correctly to whom doing the job, but previous agent refuse to refund due to they did found the tenant for me but advice my new agent to sign the lease agreement contract..!

to me this is not fair for new agent due to they do all the work without any commission

Hi Scott, thanks for all the question, pls read my above insert

Attached Files: