Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Let's discuss cruising

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Angel, 16th Aug, 2015.

1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I know from my personal experience (no scientific studies necessary here) that when you travel with an individual company, they give you credits off your next cruise. Maybe, maybe not, subject to time limits. Many of the cruise lines are owned by the one company, so this helps too.

I really like Holland America line which now operates out of Australia. The ships are much smaller than P&O and they frown on (do not encourage) the blatent orgy-like behaviour seen on some other ships. The cruise I went on in Alaska was almost entirely adults. A couple of young children accompanied their parents but were certainly not catered for. As a teacher I could not stand being corralled for a week or two during the school holidays with thousands of screaming and crying kids running amok. I can go to Dreamworld any day of the week where I live, and I choose not to.

Our tickets were provided as part of a package, I had never heard of them at the time. I had a look on their website and noticed that the cruise we went on, had I booked it privately, would have cost us a mere US$700 each . A similar cruise in Oz would have been AUD$1600 per person - two sharing a room.

On the other hand, many ships cater to families with awesome services provided. Any other recommendations.....

2. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
  3. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

We are booked on Ovation for New Years next year. It will be jam packed full of kids I expect.