Lessons to Learn: From Taxi Plates in the Uber world

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by srirang, 22nd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Warby Parker and a few other companies already do the above...

2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

What about hearing test. An app that tests your hearing and, if any industrial deafness, a claim for compensation is automatically lodged .

3. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Hi sanj. I went to their website and it looks like they provide value frames with a unique try before you buy and cooling off. Datto was suggesting actual testing and prescribing online and/or through an app. Such a process, I imagine, would need to be for simple and straight forward single vision problems not multi-focals and astigmatism.

Did I miss something on their website? Are there other companies doing this?

I'm keen to learn/discover more. I am looking at investing in technology and med/bio-techs at start up and further funding rounds and find the ideas and products being created fascinating.

4. datto

datto Well-Known Member

You're on the money @Player . Yep, the app will do everything from calculating lens size, check pressure etc. it may need a dongle (lol love that word) to perform the tests.

A fully qualified optometrist from some Asian country could verify the prescription and arrange the glasses.This will keep prices low.

Eye test ATM are covered by medicare but for how long? Frames and lenses are ridiculously expensive esp transition lenses.

Corner the market and the world is your oyster!

Player likes this.