Lending advice please and home improvements

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Procrastin8, 30th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Procrastin8

Procrastin8 Member

Hi team,

Looking for advice around borrowing capacity. To throw a complication into the mix, ive just been approved for $50k by current bank for a shed on my PPOR (have 3 acres) which i have NOT pulled the trigger on yet. Just wondering if the potential gain on my property is worth the hit to my borrowing capacity for an invest property?

Also, can people from this forum recommend mortgage brokers from this forum? I live in Yass and work in Canberra but im not adverse to working with someone online (borderless).

Thanks!

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hey,

Whether the $50k will impact or not is hard to say without knowing your full situation - do you have access to other funds for your deposit?

If your borrowing is strong and deposit funds aren’t an issue, the $50k probably isn’t too much of an issue but as you say, chat with a broker to get the full picture.

Any broker here is good - they all know what they’re on about. :)

Procrastin8 likes this.
  3. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Jess is right - any broker here should be able to do that exercise very quickly for you.