Lender with relaxed requirements

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by yoyo_guitarist, 12th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Hi team, just released some equity and now going looking for a lender. Just wondering if anyone has had experience obtaining finance whilst being married, 1 child with both parents working, but only having one name on the loan and title. Are there lenders that would accept this and not take into consideration that the person taking the loan is solely responsible for the all the household expenses.

Last edited: 12th May, 2021
  2. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

Assuming the title will only be under 1 name as well.

This will be a case by case basis for the bank/credit namager to accept. More importantly is of your partner can show evidence that they are able to support themselves with their income.

But if youre able to service the loan with the spouse added as an expense then you don't need to go through all this trouble.

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

There's a few lenders that will look at this with a spouse declaration. It's usually not a big deal.

4. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Yes there are lenders that can do this, some lenders have a specific policy regarding this so it's not just an 'apply and see' type of scenario, it's quite clear cut. Not all lenders allow it though only those with a specific policy around it.

5. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I can definitely service the loan but if the bank was to take into consideration that I was solely responsible for everything and assumed my wife didn’t work, I’d say I wouldn’t have any luck.
    So in saying that I would need to provide proof of employment for my wife? Do you know any lenders that are more relaxed ?
    Ok then Lindsay, would you happen to know any such lenders ?

6. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Happy to assist if you don't have a Mortgage Broker currently, feel free to DM me.