Closed Leaving a negative review?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Songo, 8th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Songo

Songo Well-Known Member

Hi PC staff/moderators,

I recently had a negative experience with a mortgage broker/BA. They stuffed me around by not providing some critical information. Then they were quite rude and un-apologetic for stuffing me around once I figured out what was going on and let them know I was not happy with the lack of professionalism. They even went as far as personally insulting me in an email exchange. What are the community guidelines on leaving negative feedback and naming the offending broker?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

You are quite welcome to tell your story - but please stick to the facts and try and keep emotion out of it. As soon as you start calling people names or alleging things that aren't provable, it becomes difficult to accept.

At the end of the day, we are here to help educate people, so my criteria by which I measure such posts is simply "does it add value to the site?" ... by which I mean - is there something other people can learn from your post such as what not to do, how to manage conflict, things to watch out for, etc

If all you intend to do is whinge about a negative experience with the intent to damage someone else's reputation, I'm really not interested. But if you approach it from the perspective of helping other people learn from your mistakes (or learning how to avoid issues), then I will generally accept it.

Note also that we will give a right of reply to the subject of any such posts.

And thanks for asking first :D