Lease Agreement Wrong Name

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by giraffez, 15th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. giraffez

giraffez Well-Known Member

I recently rented out my apartment and today a copy of the lease was sent to me on my request. I noticed the agent spelt my name wrong. Is this an issue with the lease in the future?

2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Probably not, as long as its still obviously you named in the contract.

Just get it fixed.

Ross Forrester and Terry_w like this.
  3. giraffez

Yeah its a spelling mistake. To get it fixed, does it mean both parties have to sign again?

4. 8650

8650 Well-Known Member

I personally don't think a typo would be an issue but would have the PM send an email to the tenant in regards to the error and the correct spelling of your name and have them acknowledge it by replying to the email and attaching it to the lease agreement for future reference.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Time to give notice to the PM if they can't spell the names of their clients.

Last edited: 16th May, 2017
    158 likes this.
  6. giraffez

I've already switch agents. This is like the third agent I have that cannot get the lease agreement correct. One agent even got the address wrong :( Very very sloppy work, like they couldn't even bother. Things like this is basic stuff, you don't need to attend a property management course or even have a degree in this to do it right.... yet they still manage to get it wrong.

My previous agent with the rent amount wasn't even clear. I had to ask him to rewrite it.

I can't seem to have any luck with getting any good agents here. Its pure trial and error. More errors than anything me thinks.

Perthguy likes this.
  7. Deneri

Deneri New Member

QUOTE="giraffez, post: 404566, member: 3831"]I've already switch agents. This is like the third agent I have that cannot get the lease agreement correct. One agent even got the address wrong :( Very very sloppy work, like they couldn't even bother. Things like this is basic stuff, you don't need to attend a property management course or even have a degree in this to do it right.... yet they still manage to get it wrong.
    [/QUOTE]

Why don't you have a go at managing the property yourself?
    Although the agent is meant to always be at the top of their game and tenancy agreements are not all that hard to complete so the property manager is behind the 8 ball here and needs a 'talking to', (but it is a typo and can be easterly fixed with a correction and initial at the correction.) I cant help but question what your attitude might be towards them to begin with, if you think it is so easy that you don't need to attend the course then I recommend try managing it yourself, it might be that you are best suited to manage your own properties at this time and not any of the PM's in your area, a pm and landlord need to gel enough to have enough understanding of each other and the property to manage it effectively. If one or both don't have faith in each others abilities then the partnership of management will most likely fall in one way or another. MY VIEW

I don't mean to sound abrupt but PM's cop so much flack, and if under appreciated (even though they may adore what they do), can have them begin to not care, it is seen so often.

8. giraffez

If you read my post again,I was referring to basic stuff like filling out the tenancy form that I was implying doesn't need to complete a course to be able to do, not the actual job.

The job, as i understand, does need proper education but appears that not many do get it hence one of the reasons to the lack of quality pms around.

9. Margaret Daly

Margaret Daly Member

Doubt it would be an issue but would have the property manager fix this asap as they could have it miss spelt elsewhere, why did you have to ask for a copy it should have been sent automatically once it was signed.

10. giraffez

Unfortunately nothing is ever done automatically with my agent. :( If I don't ask, I don't get. I got this rectified already. Thanks everyone.