Landlord's insurance - who to go with

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Vi Vu, 5th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

I’ve used QBE for a few years. I found the terms in their PDS much less onerous (yes I read this stuff).

And I’ve made 4-5 claims from them, all got paid. Each time for like $5-10k.

[d4rk-fr3d] and Michael Mitchell like this.
  2. [d4rk-fr3d]

[d4rk-fr3d] Well-Known Member

Does anyone here has got some good experience with Honan LL Insurance?

Usually, I am using Terri S. or EBM, but this time my agent instructed me that it is better with Honan since the property is in NSW Inner West area far from the river area.

Attached Files:

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

The LL portion of any insurance has little to do with rivers.

Ask them all if your contents are covered by flood or water events to be sure, floods can happen anywhere really, and that is what they may be talking about in regard to a river.

Dan Wood and Michael Mitchell like this.
  4. Sharon Fox-Slater

Sharon Fox-Slater Member

Hi there, I am Sharon and the Managing Director of EBM RentCover. I have just joined Property Chat and came across your comment. I imagine you have your insurance set up already, however I wanted to provide an explanation about why we ask for electrical and plumbing reports… When a property is more than 70 years old, it is a requirement the property has been completely rewired and replumbed in the last 35 years. If it has been, then we do not need these documents. But, if it hasn’t, we like to get our hands on the reports just to make sure the plumbing and electrical is still in good working condition (faulty and old electrical work could potentially cause issues if a claim arises e.g. a fire starting from an electrical fault). To make sure you are best protected, we gather as much info as possible.

If you (or any others reading this) have any other questions, sing out! :)

Thanks.

Dan Wood, D.T. and Michael Mitchell like this.
  5. Dan Wood

Dan Wood Well-Known Member

Not an issue but a thanks, a thanks for dealing with claim so fast and hassle free.

If only you were my BCs insurer :p still waiting for a result months after the claim...