Landlord & Building Insurance - PI Plus

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Joanna D., 6th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Joanna D.

Joanna D. New Member

We have had landlord and building insurance with PI Plus for many years and recently we had to make a claim for loss of rent from a painful tenant not paying rent.
    PI Plus claims department were fantastic in assisting me with what was required to lodge our documents. The claims officer 'Suneet' was so patient, caring and understanding when I initially spoke to him and he forwarded a list of required documents.
    Within 1 week of lodging our claim PIP the refund was credited to our bank account without further questioning or paperwork to complete.
    From our positive experience I highly recommend PI Plus to anyone!! Thanks a million PI Plus team.....YOU ARE STARS! :)

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

That's a glowing report for your first post :) Do you work for them? It's generally the pattern when people sign up just to make a recommendation.

nich and L3ha7 like this.
  3. Joanna D.

Joanna D. New Member

I certainly do not work for PI Plus, as I said in my post we are landlords of a property insured with PI Plus!

4. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Good news - you might like to share the specifics here.

SarahD and L3ha7 like this.
  5. Gkat

Gkat New Member

Joanna - i wish my claim had gone through as smoothly as yours did... ive also had a policy with PIP for a few years and went to make my first claim my tenant stopped paying rent. My property manager went through all the required steps to mitigate loss including liaising with their claims team. We submitted our claim and all supporting documents only to have our claim rejected completely by Suneet.
    We will obviously be challenging this response now...
    I'd welcome any feedback or advice from anyone who has had similar experiences with PIP?

6. hanhtt

hanhtt New Member

I had a claim in 2017 with PI Plus on rent lost due to water damage to my property hence I could not continue to rent it out until repairs. There was a lengthy process to provide documents to substantiate my claim which is understandable. But in the end, PI-Plus compensated my rent lost fairly. I am happy about that.

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

What was the reason ? Was the tenant in arrears when policy was taken out and maintained the arrears during the policy period ? Thats a common reason to refuse a claim like that. Although you do say "a policy for a few years".