Land reserve for drainage and sewerage purposes

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by clicli, 5th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. clicli

clicli Member

hi all,

There is this property on sale in Croydon Melbourne situated next door to a land reserve for drainage and sewerage purposes.

Can someone explain to me what does this "reserve for drainage and sewerage purposes" mean, and whether there are any implication buying a property situated next to this.

Thx

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Whatever you build can overshadow the neighbour as you're not covering their windows/blocking sun from habitable rooms, affecting their privacy etc.

Unless you're building a basement you won't need to interfere with services next door.

3. clicli

clicli Member

Hi, not sure if you replied to right thread, or I wasn't clear enough....the property on sale is located next to a vacant land reserved for water and sewerage purposes. I want to know what this means, and are there any issues buying something next to this vacant land.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It's a drainage reserve @clicli. You can build whatever you like and your next door neighbour is council, they aren't going to object.

That land is possibly an old watercourse/creek or already has pipes for stormwater or sewer.

Highlight is that is your block slopes down from the street, you may be able to connect stormwater for a dual occupancy at the rear.

Sackie and Tom Rivera like this.