Laminate floor borad first floor

Discussion in 'Development' started by Tompropdev, 21st Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tompropdev

Tompropdev Active Member

Hi all, I am in the process of new home development. we don't want any carpet in the house due to dust allergy, so planning to have floorboard installed on the first floor but not sure if that would cause more noise to the ground floor. is there anything can be done to avoid the noise. will insulation in the ceiling help? Not sure about the cost?

Also was thinking if hebel power floor can be an option which should not then need insulation. but cost of hebel poer floor can be very high in comparison to particle boards.

thanks

Last edited: 21st Sep, 2021
  2. Tompropdev

Tompropdev Active Member

hoping some advise from members here.
    need to understand what are the options if floorboards on first floor to avoid the noise.

thanks in advance

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

There is a few options and all will cost extra so you'll need to cost and see what works best for acoustics

1. insulation between the joists
    2. acoustic boards instead of particle board - I'm pretty sure James Hardie Secura rates better than plain particle board
    3. chose a flooring product that has an acoustic layer like Rigid Plank Hybrid Flooring | Proline Floors Australia which has an acoustic backing
    4. lay an underlay under flooring or something like Acoustamat
    5. use an alternative subfloor system like the Hebel - there are others

4. Tompropdev

Tompropdev Active Member

thanks @Westminster. I was only thinking of Hebel Power Floors but good to see there are other good options here, i will ring related companies to get an idea on the cost. Acoustic underlay like acoustamat sounds easy and possibly cost effective option.