NSW Lake Haven, Woongarrah, Blue Haven <Missed the Boat ?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Big Maan, 26th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Big Maan

Big Maan Active Member

Hi there

With Sydney prices still rising and no sign of stopping, I have been looking at the above suburbs as potential buy & hold for 5-10 years. In preference I have been looking at :

• Woongarrah
    • Blue Haven
    • Lake Haven
    They all have been rising quite steadily for the past few years and most are over 4.5% yield. They remain the 1 to 1.5 hour commute to Sydney CBD. Schools , shopping, health appear to be well connected. Obviously, Woongarrah is the higher end of the market as I am looking at 4x2x2 with good rent potential and hopefully giving it to my son in 5-10 years with some growth. Lake Haven and Blue Haven are good value in comparison to Woongarrah but from what I understand the quality of the Woongarrah estate is great and quite a nice place to live.

Does anyone see any future growth in these areas of the central coast or have I missed the growth boat by 18 months or so. I dont want to buy at the peak and have no growth and be stuck with my negative gearing for next 5-10 years.

Kind regards..... Feedback greatly appreciated.

2. Liarliar

Liarliar Well-Known Member

My opinions missed the boat

Before 2015 was the best time to buy

Bought IP lake haven drive in 2015,$295,000 done a few cosmetic renovations... sold late 2015 at $355,000
    San Remo back there was also getting to its max all over 400k and hundreds of people on a Saturdsy inspection ... Lake Munmorah was also going gang busters ... but now it's all slowed down up there.

3. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

I can't speak to future growth, however the infrastructure and facilities are all slowly improving in woongarrah/blue haven/warnervale as they're largely populated by greenfield estates.

I know it's an IP and you're not living there, but I urge you to drive these suburbs and surrounds, there's no character in the suburbs or housing, no period homes, the owner occ appeal isn't there for me, I dunno not for me.

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Bought a 4,2,2 in Woongarah for $385K 6 years ago in 2011. Now val'd at $650K .......still holding.

Central Coast usually peaks 9-12 months after Sydney and Sydney is still going, albeit at a reduced pace.