Kitchen Reno Perth recomendations

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by DoubleD, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DoubleD

DoubleD Well-Known Member

Not looked into the island bench top, the boxed ceiling might restricted this a little.

Yep something definitely need to be done with the oven area.

Attached Files:

2. DoubleD

front of Kitchen

Attached Files:

3. DoubleD

4. DoubleD

Yep sales appraisal done. agent recommends a reno she suggests the buyers for the area normally are mortgaged to their limit, looking for a house that they dont need to spend any extra $$$ on renovating.

The trick is not to do a cheep looking job on a $640,000 house.

Yep looked at granitetransformations but the cost and bad reviews moved me away from these guys

5. Reno Crazy

Reno Crazy Well-Known Member

Tough isn't, at least you know your buyers and you can tailor to their needs. I agree stone tops will be the way to go. If your doors are a standard size I would replace over spraying, but if they are going to be a pain to replace and have to be custom made then spraying might be the way to go.
    I would consider removing the wall behind the sink, but that might open a can of worms
    I would update the back splash, either tiles or acrylic (Masters have new one that can go behind gas cook tops) I would also and probably put in a rangehood to balance out the wall, but not necessary if you are running out of budget.
    For the floor, it looks like a big area very $$$, I am a fan of the vinyl timber look planks. You could chip out the black and cream boarder tiles and put something a bit more contemporary but if you chip the other tiles then it will be expensive. You can tile over tiles and I have done this but the skirts were big and they didn't need to be removed. A big rug!! Good luck

6. DoubleD

What do you ladies think about moving the gas cook top above the cutlery draws ? Something like this : kit2.jpg IMG_3557.JPG

7. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'd leave the gas cooktop where it is and put a nice rangehood there - if you move it and have that ranghood it will close the kitchen off more and grease will fly out of the pans onto the tiles on the other side - not a problem for you but I wouldn't wish that on anyone and they may notice and not like it. Put a nice glass splashback there and behind the sink.

Check out Ikea for some nice sinks - Masters hardware too have some good Franke sinks for very good prices.

8. DoubleD

Yep just showed the wife. She gave me a slap and said what are you thinking ;)

GreenGoblin and Westminster like this.
  9. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

Anyone in Perth done a full kitchen renovation recently? What was your experience with the trades you chose or did you go to a “one stop shop” who took care of everything?

10. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Just got a cabinet maker to do their thing and I provided appliances and some fittings. Got plumber and sparky in before and after.

Pretty much how I always do it. How else would you do it?

11. Scaphella

Scaphella Well-Known Member

Employ a company that provides the full service?

Got quoted on the phone (no measurements) from the ‘the maker designer kitchens’, $35k , cabinets and bench only :eek:. Their kitchens are beautiful though…:rolleyes:

12. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I've never really considered it because I generally know what I want, and they just seem to have huge markups compared to just organising it yourself.

It's not really that hard to organise.

Scaphella likes this.
  13. Westminster

I've never used a one stop shop either. I'd probably only use them if I was doing an expensive PPOR one but even then maybe not.
    I've always just used a cabinet maker (some also do stone) and then coordinated with plumber, electrician and then later tiler

Sackie likes this.
  14. Simpsons

Simpsons Well-Known Member

I know this is a WA thread, but anyone have any southwest Sydney recommendations for those? (Cabinet makers, stonemason, plumber, sparky, tiler)

15. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

My first kitchen makeover

Attached Files:

Sackie likes this.
  16. Spring_sun

Spring_sun Active Member

Any recommendations for the ones that do cabinets + stone? :rolleyes:

17. Westminster

In Perth?
    Master Cabinets
    Character Cabinets

Spring_sun likes this.
  18. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Depending on price point azztek kitchens also are worth checking out

I first used them in 2013 and last year arranged them for a kitchen reno in my aunts place in canning vale.

Pricing was good and, importantly, they were on time m even in this market.job started on the day they said it would etc

Because they're based in Mandurah I think they only serve from Mandurah to Perth city thougn

19. Spring_sun

Spring_sun Active Member

Yep, planning to reno interstate. Thank you!

Bummer! Our place is NOR, but I'll see if they are willing to go that far anyways. Thanks!

20. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

My friend did a Kaboodle Bunnings kitchen about a year ago. I’d consider doing one.

Attached Files: