Kitchen re-model.

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Dylan33, 24th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of re-modelling this kitchen / dining room. The plan is to knock down the wall where the kitchen is now ( Making it open plan lounge, dining kitchen area ) and re-locate the kitchen to the opposite wall where the windows are. The island will go and a long narrow rustic 10 seat table will replace it.
    My dilemma is I'd like to keep those windows and at that height. Is there anyway I can have cabinets that are not backed up to the Windows?
    So the backs will be facing into the room and we Cook with our backs to the Windows sort of thing.

Any ideas / comments? What would you do?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Jane Eyles-Bennett

Jane Eyles-Bennett Member

It looks to me in these pics that you'll need to replace those lower set windows if you're going to relocate the kitchen. The bottom edge of the new windows will need to be 900mmH at minimum. Do you have a floor plan? Perhaps there's another way to reconfigure the area as a whole...

3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

You could do a parallel kitchen - sort of like 2 island benches that you can walk around. I've seen that in a magazine before, it was kinds cool - you'd still need a wall for the fridge and pantry though.

Or, just one massive island kitchen. Same deal with the fridge though.

4. Dylan33

Thanks Jane. But that is the problem. We don't want to have to re do the Windows. Rather try and make a kitchen in front of them.

5. Dylan33

Great idea! I'll try and find some photos. Thanks.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.