Kidults

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Johnny Cashflow, 3rd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johnny Cashflow

Johnny Cashflow Well-Known Member

2. House

House Well-Known Member

Negative hearing? Is that where greedy landlords get wax benefits from the government to go millions of dollars into deaf?

Cactus, wogitalia, Tranquilo and 2 others like this.
  3. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

OMG our closest friends have one of these. They have two sons. One has a law degree which he's just finished, and he hasn't been able to get a job - I don't have any problems with him still being at home, as he has no visible means of support. The older one, however, has been working for four years, has a permanent government job, has saved 200K for a house deposit (yes, that is 200K, not 20K!) and still hasn't found 'quite the right spot' to buy yet. To be fair, he's not spending money on stupid stuff; he just saves it....and saves it.... and saves it...... while not paying any board..... I could go on but I won't. Suffice to say I roll my eyes every time I think about it.

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Yep I know 55 year olds still living at home.

5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a news story a couple of years ago of some poor young dear complaining she couldnt afford to buy a house and had to rely on the bank of mum and dad to assist her to buy.

She was a full time uni student with a small part time income, and she had her parents guarantee her first home which was in the story... a $1.1m terrace in the Sydney CBD. This was pre boom too.

GreenMedallion likes this.
  6. Terry_w

probably studying 15th century French poetry too - and will then complain about not being able to get a job teach in her field.

Ted Varrick and DaveM like this.
  7. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

They may be far smarter than many of us, one things for sure, they are probably single !

LOL....should also probably say, if you buy a PPOR it may not be wise to sleep on the streets :p

8. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Terry, surely they found this a little awkward in certain circumstances over the last 35 years or so?

9. Terry_w

Still a virgin too I think!

10. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

We have a neighbour like this. Never got his licence because "fossil fuels will run out". Never got a job because he wanted to "pursue his music career". Lives at home with his mum for the past 40 years we gave him spare key one morning to let a termite inspector in whilst I was at work. He lost the key within an hour. Some people aren't capable of functioning in this world!

11. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

Grrr this is one of my pet peev s. I will restrain myself and not rant :)

To summarise. Parents....your job is to raise ADULTS (not to rais children). In my view, these "kid ultra" are proof of failed parenting

Man up and learn to say no to your kids now before it is too late (if your "baby" is 55 and still living at home...just give up

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I guess that would be doing pretty well by now.
    Probably hasn't paid back the oldies though :)

13. Joshwaaaa

Joshwaaaa Well-Known Member

my brother is 28 still living with the folks, has $100k+ in the bank. Paying my folks $50 a week board. Aside from work he just sits in his room on the computer, I dont think hes ever leaving.

My parents didnt mind it as they are away every weekend and he looked after the dogs at home, but both dogs passed away last year.

14. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Joshwaaaa, this is like a double edged sword.

Sounds ideal, but then ... not so much.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia