Keep existing Restaurant name or change?

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by LouLou7, 25th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Random Username

Random Username Well-Known Member

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

"In an age of increasing lactose intolerance".
    Is that like a diabetic drinking Coke Zero?
    Maybe you should be a spokesperson for grilled selling "healthy" burgers. Come on mate..

I can understand reservations with pork products, but not including a milk product in a hamburger for the interests of those who are sensitive to dairy is a stretch.
    That is my reference to PC.

Neil Perry and whoever else can *******ise a burger all they wish in an attempt to glorify what is simply bread, meat and cheese.

Shall we comment on a deconstructed violet crumble with flower petals too? You can make a simple dish 10,000 different ways.

To be honest Australian style burgers are rubbish, meat patties as thick as my fist, rubbish mescaline salad and onion relish..

They are not traditional burgers. Traditional Amercian style burgers do not even have seasoning in the meat, or onion or garlic salt or egg.

Your mates can make as much money as they want, there are fads and trends and tastes change, but some things do not change.
    Traditional Amercian burger has meat with cheese on it.

3. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

again, I have no idea why you are getting so upset about this and I reiterate that you either don't know the meaning of PC or are still drunk from last night.

all In saying is that insisting that every burger has cheese in it will not only put people off in a time where patrons are increasingly sensitive to being dictated to, but it also means potentially missing out on some sales if someone is avoiding dairy for whatever reason.

it looks like the OP has bought this business to make money, you on the other hand would rather forego profits for some odd reason.

lastly, let's look at your American burger claim.

firstly, they aren't all with cheese, you are speaking with such authority and in such absolutes but you're not correct. eg look at this poll of 1700 votes Poll: How Often Do You Eat Burgers Without Any Cheese?
    as mentioned in and out and shake shack, 2 wildly popular burger chains that are actually of Good quality (nothing frozen or microwaved, quality beef etc) and sell millions of burgers a year both sell burgers without cheese.

lastly, and this is a big one, mundaring is an interesting suburb just outside the metro area and quite "aussie". it has over 70% of residents who are aussie born and an average of 2.6 people per household meaning lots of families.

the 2 most successful mundaring food businesses in recent times, the mundaring hotel and little Caesars pizzeria all did so by bridging the gap of remaining a bit "aussie" but doing it with more care and better ingredients than usual and being interesting without in any way intimidating or trying to hard. opening an American focused burger bar at a time when the American food phase has well and truly peaked, in a town like mundaring and then telling people they must eat burgers exactly how you like and not what they want is a recipe for disaster.

might as well not have a menu, just 1 burger that everyone else will be forced to eat with no changes or complaints allowed

LouLou7 likes this.
  4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Mate you went off on the rant!
    All I said was "the cheese should be on the meat".... The photo that was posted had the cheese on top of the salad. From that you talked about lactose issues and whatever other 3 hat Gordon Ramsey burger you want to talk about.. .

I simply said the cheese should be on the meat! So the bloody cheese can melt. Couldn't care less how much your mates have made making burgers or what research groups you can quote. Blind, double blind studies or whatever..
    Join the electoral campaign.

Just Coz 2 of my mates have 500k boats doesn't make me an expect in boats.

I've worked in, managed and run my own restaurant bud. Turned a dud into a profitable business. Have a major in economics and have been working in commercial kitchens since I was 8.
    No don't need to sell your hospitality prowess to me.

image.jpeg

My comment was a simple observation.
    Cheese on meat = cheese melts..
    Basic things done correctly.
    Does the burger cater for animal rights activists who care about cage vs free range eggs? How the hell should I know. It's a god damn hamburger. I've eaten at 100 burger joints across Melbourne. Doesn't matter the style, size, cost of a burger, some basic fundamental principles stay the same that make a great burger.

And yes I am hungover from last night!

Last edited: 27th Jun, 2016
  5. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I have never yet been in a burger shop that won't add or subtract ingredients on request.
    Marg

6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

cool story bro

Greyghost likes this.
  7. LouLou7

LouLou7 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your options.

Can a name be too long and if so what is considered too long?? Most successful companies/businesses are a single maybe double word. The name we are considering is 4 words - too much??

8. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Depends.

Burgers on the go - probably OK.

Bill's best beautiful burgers - probably not.
    Marg

9. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Sanj and Greyghost you guys are serious about your burgers that is for sure!