NSW Katoomba, NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ganna, 19th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

Congrats mate! It’s not a bad part of the world. Ticks a lot of boxes for those that want lifestyle but still not too far from a major hub and you’re still getting pretty good bang for your buck.

Not sure exactly about lower, but upper (Katoomba) is still on rolling on with houses going under offer pretty quick. How far down are you buying?

2. Danmicb

Danmicb Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have/run an air BnB in katoomba? Seriously considering dabbling. I have a pretty ideal property that’d tick most of the boxes for those wanting to holiday there and it’d be amongst some of the nicest stock when looking at what is available.

Wondering about the costs of management too as I’m out of area and if anyone has any good contacts for this. I know my current manager there doesn’t do it.

Looking at what nightly rates achieve for the nicer properties I’d only need around 7-10 nights (off peak prices) a month to equal current rent take, so the potential is there to do well, especially over peak months. What are people’s average monthly stays in terms of number of bookings here?

3. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Seems like prices are still rippling up?

Attached Files:

Danmicb likes this.
  4. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Not sure how air BnB works but for STHL (Short-Term Holiday Lets) there seems to be increasing difficulty in getting DAs through when the property is bushfire prone land mapped. The RFS is getting more stringent and the BMC will defer to them since it is integrated development.

Previously this additional income stream was fairly easy to get through.

radson likes this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Wow. Agree with you based on that chart. When people are priced out of the inner areas and have to make a choice considering space, community, and a budget...

6. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Yeah I tell people now, I am an inner west economic refugee

Ted Varrick, Gockie and WattleIdo like this.