QLD Kallangur 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Williams, 13th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity whats the magic number for you to sell? It seems like your in it for the long haul but if I'm completely honest with you I dont need the Kallangur, Petrie, Bald Hills, Bracken Ridge, Strathpine, Lawton houses to go to $1M each.

If they even reach $600-$700k which is very very real possibility in the very short term well offloading 3-4 of them will allow me to pretty much pay off all of my Sydney properties and retire. We bought them all at such low low prices and I know you did too. Even at $600k I think you'd be close to doubling your money right.

In saying that I always feel that if I sell before the Petrie PDA is completed I'll regret it bigtime.

Last edited: 4th May, 2021
  2. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Yup, I totally agree, I wouldn’t sell until the Petrie PDA is completed, which is approx 2030. There’s no major renovations I need to do to either my Kallangur or Petrie properties for at least the next 10 years, just general maintenance, so I can just leave them on cruise control for the next decade. Because they are now positively geared as well, as their rental value continues to increase, so does my early retirement fund.

As long as the rent I can charge continues to align with the property value increase, I’m happy to hold on for 10-15 years, then retire in my late 50’s. That’s my current strategy, and so far all good!

3. thunderstrike888

Excellent very happy for you man. The prices are indeed getting very very attractive for me, but then in the back of my mind once all the developments are finished and if these places go north of $700-$800k well I'd kick myself. :p

Lets see what happens by the end of 2021 or mid 2022. If these places start fetching $600k+ it might be time to reward ourselves a little no? :) - I want to contribute to the economy and buy myself some nice shiny toys.

4. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Lol, as much as I'd like some nice shiny new toys soon (I really want a Mustang GT), my main focus is retiring really early. I'm 39 now, and have no intention of working after the age of 60. The problem is, the government probably won't let people touch their Super until 67+ by the time I retire, so I'm getting all my ducks lined up now for some sweet, sweet residual rental income.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  5. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

6. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

I've only got the one in Kallangur so let me know when they hit $3m and I'll do the same!;)

7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Rambo likes this.
  8. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Katie likes this.
  9. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Katie, wilso8948 and thunderstrike888 like this.
  10. thunderstrike888

Katie and JAW like this.
  11. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

12. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

13. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

14. thunderstrike888

Big land though. In saying that not a bad price achieved at all. I'm not seeing any slowdown whatsoever in Northside Brisbane. David Deane who I use as my RE - their sales guys keep calling me asking if I want to sell. :)

I'll be tempted if these places move another $150k each house. Fingers crossed by end of 2022 we get there.

JAW likes this.
  15. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I think if it had been a 3 bedder instead of a 2, it would have easily smashed past the half million mark. Pretty rare to see any 2 bedders on a decent sized block, anywhere.

If I had been the owners, I would have added 2 extra bedrooms to bring it up to 4 in total, then listed for offers over $570k.

16. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Rentforlife likes this.
  17. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

thunderstrike888 and Rentforlife like this.
  18. millie29

millie29 Well-Known Member

How quickly are we expecting capital growth to occur here? Is it too late for new investors to hop onboard now?

19. thunderstrike888

Its rising rapidly as the weeks go by. I still think its going to keep going throughout 2021-2023. Still plenty of money to be made if you enter now at a good price. Buy something that needs ALOT of work and do it yourself.

If you buy renovated you'll be paying premium just like anywhere else.

JAW likes this.
  20. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Average established block size in Kallangur is around 620m.

Bottom/entry level of established homes in Kallangur is now low 400's.

Sold 19 Aquarius Street, Kallangur QLD 4503 on 19 May 2021 - 2017021127 | Domain

Mid level established 3 bedrooms are $460-500k.

Decent established 4 bedrooms are $500-550k.

Premiums are $550k+.

There's a massive jump in what you get from $400k-$500k. $400 just gets your foot in the door, but the door is probably falling off.Many of the low end properties will need substantial work ($) to bring them up to a decent standard.

millie29 likes this.