QLD Kallangur 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Williams, 13th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Now I'm really regretting not buying more up north!! Arrgghh....

Its OK. I ended up buying Southside instead of Kallangur which is also moving so I'm not THAT upset but man if I bought more up in Petrie, Kallangur even Lawnton etc....I think I would have done slightly better.

Oh well. Northside going bonkers.

Rambo and JAW like this.
  3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

4. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

The Mill PDA / USC Precinct and Kallangur-Dakabin neighborhood planning initiatives, amongst many other initiatives for the region, all fall under the Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDs) 2020-2041 planning scheme by the Moreton Bay Regional Council.

There's strong planning in place to encourage new and established businesses to grow and thrive in the region.

thunderstrike888 and Clay Leapai like this.
  5. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Nice way of marketing mate. Quite a few have very long memories.

6. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

“Kallangur and Dakabin are about to get an urban designing pamper package, as the first suburbs to trial Council’s new Neighbourhood Planning initiative.”

“The Neighbourhood Plan is a long-term vision for each community, to ensure they remain a place that people want to live, work and grow in the wake of a population boom,”

“I want to make sure we act now to revitalise these kinds of amenities through modern urban design principles, to retain the character of our neighbourhoods as the region’s population grows.”

“Right now the combined population of Kallangur and Dakabin is 25,300 people but we expect that to grow to 35,700 by 2041 - that’s more than a 40% increase - which is why it’s important you have your say now.”

“This is the first initiative to be rolled out as part of the new ‘Reshaping our Region’s Planning Work Portfolio’ that will overhaul the planning scheme over the next five years.”

Source: Neighborhood Plan: Kallangur, Dakabin get the pamper treatment

7. BG81

BG81 Member

Hi all,

I am a new investor looking for IP across Moreton Bay. Due to budget constraint, i may go for a small 300+sqm house in Kallangur or Dakabin.

Is it worth going for this small house for future CG perspective ?

Please recommend more areas in Moreton Bay

Thanks.

8. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Hard question to answer. Historically small land didn’t perform well, however well positioned near uni with good house May do well as tide will lift all properties. Something is better than nothing. You wouldn’t lose money unless something severely happen. Hardly believe such speed brakes..

9. thunderstrike888

Small land will still go up. Just look at all those new estates where land sizes are like 200sqm and they are selling for close to $1M in Sydney.

Check out even areas like Forest Lake there are houses there on 200-350sqm selling for very very strong prices. There is always demand especially from ppl who will live there themselves. I know ppl that dont really care about land size because they know they will never develop or do anything with a 600sqm block anyway.

BG81 likes this.
  10. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

A 600m block once seemed small for a free standing house. For a new build, it's now a luxery.

As developers become more greedy, and Councils allow smaller subdivisions as it equals more rates revenue, I suspect sub 450m blocks will become the norm for standard new builds everywhere.

WreckalcitrantOG likes this.
  11. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

13. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

14. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Most of the free land parcels in Kallangur have already been taken, as Kallangur is already an established suburb. What very little that’s left will most likely be used for townhouses. In turn, whatever freestanding homes that currently exist in Kallangur represent the set amount of freestanding home stock that will exist into the future.

15. thunderstrike888

JAW likes this.
  16. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

17. Dbuck234

Dbuck234 Well-Known Member

I have been looking around in Kallangur, Petrie and around for a few weeks now. Cant seem to find any decent 4-2-2 on 600sqm block for less than 600k. Is it worth getting into the market as an investor at this price point in the area?

18. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

For similar $ you could be buying in one of the better suburbs in Logan like Rochedale South, much better demographic, 19km to CBD, 40 mins to GC, 50% higher average income and OO ratio...3 1 for that price though...

19. Dbuck234

Dbuck234 Well-Known Member

I
    I understand, I have one in Meadowbrook, very close to everything and happy with it so far. Its this Moreton hype atm that made me consider it, especially because of the uni and tech hub planned, but the prices make me wonder if its worth it now

20. thunderstrike888

Problem there is opportunity cost. Rochedale South I dont think has any significant development happening for it right now or in the future.

Petrie/Kallangur has 10s of millions of dollars of real investment that's already started and it will continue to grow imho especially with the university and development of the entire area. I think both areas are good but Logan also has a stigma which although is improving quite alot will still be around for a while.

Just like Western Sydney has that stigma but houses there are all approaching the $1M mark if not already there.

Rambo likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.