It's time to ****ing grow up!

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Sackie, 31st Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan and espouse much of Jordan Peterson's philosophical and ideological ideas, though strictly speaking he doesn't own them. Anyway some may enjoy and get something out of this clip. One of my favourite ones. To me it's quite in line with the notion taking personal responsibility and ownership of how our life is evolving and turning out, with much less emphasis on outwardly looking to external factors to blame.

MTR, datto, craigc and 4 others like this.
  2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I’m wasted.

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

KBHV, WattleIdo, Coffee and 1 other person like this.
  5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Some people in life just never grow up ..

The life they now lead even a few ago years was and still is unthinkable..

Peter Pan syndrome - Wikipedia

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. Squirrell

Squirrell Well-Known Member

Hes good. Although the biggest area this should be applied is economic management ie we need to learn the hard lessons of asset price falls to incentivise productivity v a zombie economy of asset price inflation via loose monetary policy and govt stimulus.

7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I actually think in Australia people drink too much. Boomers aren't even responsible for this even the heroic generation drank too much.

Ppl still do.

Those who drink too much don't take responsibility for anything. Even recovery is 'outsourced' to a higher power.

TheRons likes this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yeah...mate...how many did ya have.;)

These people who post these things do you think they actual learn any of the teachings? I reckon just have a couple of beers and let the beer googles handle everything....don't worry be happy mon!

Piston_Broke and datto like this.
  9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I can’t remember it was a big night. lol I blew my New Years resolution in record time lol

10. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The whole world has gone soft and wants to blame everyone for all things at one end of the scale or want absolutely no accountability on the other. You cant say or do anything without some nutter wanting to correct you or make their view heard. Once you worked to make a living now all these wannabe people want to **** themselves out to sell things and they call it influencing. And they arent real good at it but some fool will pay them big $$$ for their idiotic views which need support. Then there are lunatics who think they can dominate and buy politics. They seem to get media attention based on clicks. Frequency...not quality. They have a minority who are the vocal majority. Oxygen bandits. The very issue of a unvaccinated sports player defending their ""right"" to come to another country without following its laws defies me.Let me try that in China or the USA and see how far I get. I was behind a aussie girl in Beijing airport who was not just refused a 2 day visa at the airport. They detained her to deport he "within the next few hours"....No right at all for appeal. Her partner had a choice. Join her or not. They were warned...Its a cell until you board the flight to Australia. She wanted to speak to embassry....No. To do that you must be jailed. They werent jailing her just refusing admission. Why ? Because she overstayed in the UK by 3 days.

People need social accountability and not the opposite. There needs to be a national media office in every country that can issue a "STFU" order. No courts, no appeals. Sorta like Simon and mods on PC. They just remove your post or close the thread. No hearings or dispute. We need to stop expecting people to be nice to fools.

Last edited by a moderator: 17th Jan, 2022
  11. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Easy tiger. :rolleyes:. Looks like you have miss that trend.
    It is what it is. Fake it till you make it scene.

12. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I tend to be suspicious of anyone complaining about political correctness whose main supporters are young white men.

13. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I think it's ok that he's not woke and femminsed but he thinks the world is going back to the 1930s.
    It's just another version of shaming tactic.

Worked well for Stalin and Mao.
    Even the fascists gave an appearance of appeal.
    And even Adolf let evereyone take part in the 1936 Olympics.

14. Squirrell

Squirrell Well-Known Member

Except when the media office issues a stfu order to you because you are deemed to be a fool. Free speech, rule of law etc exist for very good reasons.

15. Astute Investor

Astute Investor Well-Known Member

Jordan Peterson has some good points, but i feel like he allows himself to be used by right wing racists and incels who use his intellect to put down minorities and females. When you are getting paid to attend pro male anti feminist (loser) convention than maybe you are more shock jock than academic.

16. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Evidence???can you show me where he does this???? Put down females and minorities????

17. Astute Investor

I didnt say he does it, but rather he puts out academic "information" which is weaponised by certain groups. Here is an article that makes these points (not saying i fully agree with its author) Jordan Peterson, Custodian of the Patriarchy (Published 2018). I would respect him a lot more if he spoke out against the losers who sprout this rubbish.

18. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Ok….. firewall

but for starters…..New York Times, is left wing media platform:rolleyes: What do you expect

Coffee likes this.
  19. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I ignored Jordan Peterson for the longest time. The far left had painted him as some far right conservative, spewing sexist / racist hate out of every pore.

Then one day I thought: let me listen to this racist a-hole, I'll give him a chance.

Then I discovered: wtf, he's actually very reasonable.

That was actually the turning point for me when I realised the far left was every bit as toxic and manipulative as the far right. They're equal sides of the same putrid coin.

Piston_Broke, MTR and Angel like this.
  20. Astute Investor

Got to get quick on hitting the x before the page loads.

Every paper has a biasness one way or another. Most of our papers have a bias towards whatever political party will do what Murdoch wants. Still can read knowing the bias and decide what you want to take in.