Isn’t Queensland too hot and humid?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Serveman, 24th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Similarly eagle heights and hampton, Wallangarra and sugarloaf all have same climate.

I drove from Yarrabilba to eagle heights. Went from 35 to 27, settled on 28. Elevation makes massive difference

Observer and Serveman like this.
  2. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I think the weather in Qld is great. Great for vegetative growth.

Look at the size of those bananas up there. They’re monsters. I’d hate to have the job of bending those things.

Observer, Antoni0, Serveman and 2 others like this.
  3. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

It just got noticeably hotter a week ago, I work outdoors and felt the change. The next two months are rough. outside of that though I love QLD weather.

Serveman likes this.
  4. boganfromlogan

Are u outdoors now? Beautiful.

But I know what u are saying.

Serveman likes this.
  5. boganfromlogan

A banana at rest is bent. Under stress it straightens. Bending is a great job. Getting tgem to stand to attention....well that's when the job really starts.

datto and Serveman like this.
  6. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

A 2001 AU Falcon Series 2 or 2002 VX Series 2 Commodore Acclaim fully air conditioned are 2 cars that would hold up to the heat and travelling distances almost better than any other car if one had to relocate to Brisbane as long as the roof lining remained intact, and one is careful with the petrol flap on the Commy. That must be the most flimsiest part of any VT to VZ Commodore. However on GC Boulevard a targa top 1988 Nissan 300zx z31 would be the pick for a cruiser.

datto and boganfromlogan like this.
  7. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Grew up on the Sunshine Coast and lived in Melbourne for a number of years. I would much prefer summer here on the Sunny Coast. Helps being right on the beach which certainly makes it less humid but those stinking hot days in Melbourne was almost unbearable. Especially at 2am and just still 30+.

As others have said it probably helps growing up in QLD.

I certainly couldn’t live in Brisbane, Toowoomba, Ipswich etc as it’s far too hot and humid all day. At least on the SC or GC you get the nice southerly breeze off the ocean after midday.

Don’t even get me started on the difference between Melbs and qld in winter.

Observer, craigc and Serveman like this.
  8. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Its definitely hot... but not always too humid. Often 50-60% during the day. Its only at night when it usually drops to low 20's does the humidity really creep up. Then you whack on the aircon to suck out the humids.

It's probably less humid than it used to be as its been raining less in the last few years.. Although this La Nina year its been an exception.

It's pretty much a lightswitch in late November or December when the temp suddenly switches to 30-33 every single day almost without exception, often from mid morning. That lasts until about mid April when it switches off again. So it's only 5 months where it's hot and/or humid, that's not even the majority.

The temperature makes us tougher humans :cool: but sometimes it also rots the brain it seems :eek:

Last edited: 24th Dec, 2021
    Serveman likes this.
  9. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

LOL - "not humid" he says, "only 50-60%" he says.

Anything above 40% humidity is too much for me :p

It needs to be so hot and dry that by the time you finish hanging up the washing on the clothes line, you can start taking it off again because it's already dry :D

Lizzie, qak and Serveman like this.
  10. boganfromlogan

It's raining today about 25. Humid.....yes it's raining. Uncomfortable.... no.

gman65 and Serveman like this.
  11. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Love GC & Brissy weather tbh. Not that humid.
    Ideal retirement for us will be 6months “summer” in NSW and 6 months “winter” in QLD. Working on it :)

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yep. It's gross. I hate it. That's why I could never live there. I've been there in summer walking around a development I was selling with my REA and I almost dropped from the heat. The REA was shouting to her colleague to get me something to fan myself with as I walked around the homes.

Never again will I do that in summer. @kierank I think you were there at the time watching the heat destroy me.

boganfromlogan and Serveman like this.
  13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

It was supposed to be 31 here today, but we have a lovely cool breeze and it isn't anywhere near 31.

It looked like we might cop an afternoon thunderstorm, but nothing eventuated... not a drop... o_O

boganfromlogan, Serveman and MJS1034 like this.
  14. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That's why they're sent to Bendemeer before they hit the shops.

datto, boganfromlogan and Serveman like this.
  15. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

You are such a whimp!!!

From memory, I was in a fully fleeced tracksuit, a beanie, a woollen overcoat, a scarf, gloves, …

Yep, quiet a cool day!!!

craigc, Serveman and Sackie like this.
  16. TAJ

TAJ Well-Known Member

A day without sweat is a day to regret!

Sweating is not only a cooling process for the body, but also a cleansing process, ridding your body of toxins.

How anyone can enjoy wearing layer upon layer of clothing to shield against the cold is beyond me. Boardies and a T-shirt all year round for this black duck.

17. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

In cold weather it's easy to get comfortable and participate in physical activity whereas on a blistering hot day of high humidity that's impossible, unless you're near air con or in the water. Aussie summers are severely overrated (though I don't mind the dry heat they typically get in SA).

Serveman and Scott No Mates like this.
  18. boganfromlogan

Undies and thongs in Logan!

Serveman and Mark F like this.
  19. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

I assume that is undies for the blokes and thongs for the girls :rolleyes:

What do you wear on your feet?

20. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

It's really only really hot for a few weeks a year in Brisbane most years. Maybe 4-6. Better once you are acclimatized.

And of course, almost everything is A/C. Just like down south, everything is heated in winter, so what is the difference??