Is this normal easement???

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Soso, 14th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

It does vary from one council to another and it changes within different streets. Most locations have a minimum distance from the fence for stand alone houses. Are there any houses in this street where the main dwelling goes right from the front of the block all the way to the back? I seriously doubt this is going to be a real problem in any future designs.

I live in a very green location (which also has a back fence easement). We can't cover more than 35% of the block with a permanent building. Certain trees (gums) are protected and require a certain amount of clearance for their roots, even those on neighbouring properties.

With these restrictions it actually would be challenging to find a design that would cover the back fence easement. About the best I could get back there would be a tin garden shed. Fortunately the house already has a man cave. :)

Soso likes this.
  2. Soso

Soso Well-Known Member

Didn’t notice any house near the one we signed the contract for that’s goes from the front to the back. The house is sitting in the middle of the land , left side and right side is just grass and huge pargola plus back yard and front

3. Gavin Beard

Gavin Beard Member

Don't quote me but I recall you are unable to build 1.5 meters from the center of the mains out as council must have access to conduct repairs. Furthermore, if you do construct, council can demolish at your costs.

Last edited by a moderator: 7th Feb, 2018