Is Sydney full??

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by DowntownBlock, 9th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Is your city full?

1. My city is full

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. My city is not full

31 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. I don't know / care

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  1. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Singapore and HK are awesome. If you dont like those cities you seriously dont know where to go or have no idea on how to have a good time.

Also with its huge diversity Singapore is one of the safest countries in the entire world. They have done a great job on that aspect. I worked there for a few years and safety there is number 1

Last edited: 13th Oct, 2017
    melbournian likes this.
  2. DowntownBlock

DowntownBlock Well-Known Member

Have you spent much time in Europe?

3. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Yes I have. Paris, London, Switzerland, Poland and Germany - actually ALOT more as well like Italy, Greece, Turkey etc....

I admit Europe is nice as well but thats because mostly the heritage buildings I like. But if I had to live somewhere I would choose HK/Singapore over London,Germany or Switzerland.

4. DowntownBlock

Different strokes for different folks...

The layout of European cities and societies are phenomenal particularly in Netherlands, Germany and Scandinavia... that is only if you like open spaces, nature and excellent functionality :)

Brickbybrick and Kangabanga like this.
  5. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

U Obviously haven't really travelled much outside ur shell

Singapore and Hong Kong have some of the best cuisines in the world they are modern and clean cities

Seriously Netherlands - unless u like the red light district , Germany and Scandinavia has some pretty bland food - throw some sausages and eggs yeah that's really up there

By the way I do own property in Europe and Asia

Sydney can crash for all I care but u just like make random conclusions without much thought outside copying links for justifications

Pentanol likes this.
  6. DowntownBlock

Have you even been to Netherlands? Consistently lauded as Mecca of town planning. I'm sorry if you only experienced the red light district and didn't have a good time. I guess there are some things even money can't buy :)

Brickbybrick likes this.
  7. melbournian

Nah Went past it probably meant for guys like urself being u're only one dimensional :) haha

The Mecca of town planning - yeah ok talk to me after u finished ur psychology, economics, IT degrees. U throw up a drop for a month and then annualised it for a year and suddenly u're into town planning wow

8. DowntownBlock

That makes sense that you haven't been there....

good luck with your bachelor of trolling at Singapore tafe... you are living your dream :)

9. melbournian

Nah I don't want to live in Singapore though it is not a Crap city like u to randomly conclude.

Been just abt everywhere in Europe.

Look in the mirror there is troll looking right back at u. Hahah With multiple thread and posting and reply to ur own post. Ever watch me myself and Irene staring jim carey. The Dude in the movie has got serious mental issues man :)

10. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

There is a reason many asians migrate here from hk,china and singapore.

Both hk and sg are small little states with millions cramped inside. Food and livings standards are great, but not a place u wanna be at when outbreaks of things like bird flu happens. Both little states get bad air pollution from neighbouring countries as well.

For a million $$ u would only get a small 3 bed apartment vs option of house+backyard or acreage here.

11. DowntownBlock

12. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how my post relates to being in denial about anything.

Markets go up, and markets go down.

Although over the long term that may not necessarily be true, depending on your investment focus and temperament.

Thanks for the travel recommendation, but I hear it's getting real cold over there shortly.

Last edited by a moderator: 19th Oct, 2017
  13. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Not sure why a lot of you are beating up on Singapore - It is constantly ranked the best city for expats to live it. What with its amazing and cheap cuisine; efficient public transport system; the best healthcare and one of the most cost effective; wage and career progression, stable political environment; thriving tech and financial hub - you would be hard pressed to find a better city to live in. I would suggest that unless people who have worked there for any length of time, you know nothing!

14. melbournian

@Pentanol Well that is what u get here - ppl who just know how to blame booms on Chinese, talk bird flue and others just copying links, blame Sydney with theories on data and pretending they work in Goldman Sachs. All u hear is Blame this and theories on this and that.

Haven't heard any money making strategies outside of calling losses or blame this and that and how Asia is bad and some place in Europe is Mecca of planning

All I can say is Mecca of "empty can making the loudest noise"

Westie likes this.
  15. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

@melbournian - hey mate, can I please suggest you ignore people like DowntownBlock. You're are a highly valued member on here and tons of people listen to you. I don't want him to **** you off and quit visiting these forums. PropertyChat thrives because of folks like you. Applies to @Leo2413 too and a lot of other people.

Sackie likes this.
  16. melbournian

all good no worries not ****** off just wondering what on earth the bloke is thinking. besides he has given up also on replying after being caught out many times.
    thanks for your compliments

Westie likes this.
  17. CK_Invest

CK_Invest Well-Known Member

lac kof personal space if you don't have money.

kind of like those who are priced out of sydney at the moment desperately hoping for a crash (not naming names) - their best hope of getting into 5km radius of sydney CBD is a studio with a lack of personal space and all

melbournian likes this.
  18. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

i would agree with this.
    As much as I like to hype brisbane, id prefer singapore over brisbane. :)
    singapore doesnt need any hyping..

Sackie likes this.
  19. Illusivedreams

Illusivedreams Well-Known Member

Downtown has an agenda.
    If I listen to all his threads I would put a gun to my head sell all my assets and live in a cave.

Maybe we should reach out to him he could be going through a tough time?

He has an agenda I would assume he wants to buy in Sydney but can't so he is trying to bash it to get into the market.

20. DowntownBlock

@ ELUSIVE Sydney dreams...

Sometimes people are going to show data that you don't agree with...

I know you bought your first IP in Liverpool for less than 2.5% yield at the top of the cycle recently and are desperately hoping that Sydney will continue to boom....

This may or may not happen.. Liverpool might become the next hot spot. The important thing is that you took action and started on your journey! Well done!

If the data showing Sydney prices falling concerns you, I would actually recommend living in a cave... Definitely don't read / watch mainstream media or talk to anyone who understands basic arithmetic...

PS Again, welcome to the site and we encourage any constructive posts you might have :)

Last edited: 16th Oct, 2017