Irregular shaped land: Assistance required

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Ardal Miller, 21st May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ardal Miller

Ardal Miller New Member

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum so hopefully I posted in the correct place. If anyone could help, it would help me out a lot.

I'm about to buy a plot of land today and just wanted everyone's opinion on it. Its an "irregular" shaped block. Lot 639, I'm planning of having my house in line with the others beside me, so that means i would have a bigger space at the front. Is there any downside of buying a block of land like this?

Also I wanted to add, there is a small private driveway shared between Lot 639, 640 and 641.

Appreciate your time for reading! :) Capture.PNG

Hloe likes this.
  2. Arnel

Arnel Well-Known Member

Hello, what’s the price difference? Is this block any cheaper?

3. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

@Ardal Miller it doesn't look irregular, more like a typical rectangle.

I would guess the shared driveway you speak of is just a public road. However check if there are any "right of carriageway" easements on the deposited plan

maybe check if there are any building setback restrictions that determine where you can build on the lot.

also what is proposed to your north, another subdivision, public reserve, shopping centre, school ?

Dean Collins likes this.
  4. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

Looks good. Bigger than most other lots and located in a quiet section just off the main street. What is at the back of the property? More houses or bush or parkland?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

As pictured I would prefer 639 to the other blocks, less boundary shared with other properties and much bigger.

My concern would be with that fence line opposite the driveway. What if they divvy up other blocks perpendicular on that side.. you could end up with 6 neighbours bordering your property instead of 2-3.

6. Ardal Miller

Ardal Miller New Member

Hey everyone thanks for your replies! On the other side of me there is excising development so there is already houses that are built there with fencing and the level is a little lower so not a problem for me.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF