QLD Ipswich where to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jayne11, 18th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

It's a pretty povvo area, but if the numbers add up - why not?!

2. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

It’s a pain to get to, but it has a train station (Rosewood line). Also the locals get festive with their Christmas decorations!

3. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

4. Hamish84

Yikes! 900k!

To be fair, South Ripley is a lovely area. Really nice homes. Ripley is a bit of a ghetto though, duplexes on every second block.

5. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

You could easily do what Nathan has done, it will just be a lot slower and harder

You will need higher deposits, have lower serviceability, add to that the pandemic issues with renovating/trades

What he has done isn't magic or genius. Just need the commitment and risk profile

6. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

More good news for SEQ today - $1.8B in Fed/State infrastructure funding.

Gotta love election years.

7. TheYak

TheYak Active Member

Thoughts on picking something up now for long term CG? Was looking around Logan but at <500k it looks like I am getting priced out of most of the nicer areas.

Been looking at areas like Collingwood Park. Anyone have any good info such as streets areas of this suburb to avoid? Appreciate it!

8. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

There's a lot to like about long term CG of Ipswich.
    Greater Springfield region:
    https://www.greaterspringfield.com.au/town-centre-plan/
    With the rail proposal for Springfield Central to Ipswich train line to come.

Residential Property Ipswish
    Fast growing population centre.

Plenty of dollars to be spent on projects:
    Council investing in the city with expanded three-year capital program : Ipswich City Council

Brighton Homes Arena (Ipswich Stadium) | Austadiums
    Brighton Homes Arena under construction and will house the Brisbane Lions Footy Club and women's footy club, will also house an Olympic event, which bodes well for future spending too.

It's a great long term play.

9. Jaacksn

Jaacksn Well-Known Member

Springfield area is far nicer than Ipswich suburbs and bellbird park/redbank plains etc etc

10. applesathome

They benefit each other though, e.g. Redbank Plains is about 10mins/10km from Springfield, so with the ripple effect will also benefit from that growth. Same as Bellbird Park.

The greater Ipswich region will grow over time, it won't just be Springfield and nothing else.

11. TheYak

TheYak Active Member

Thanks for the detailed reply. This was my thinking too

Without knowing too much, I could tell this just from RE.com. I do like the idea of targeting neighbouring suburbs for that ripple effect.

12. Jaacksn

Jaacksn Well-Known Member

Springfield area will outperform Redbank plains and surrounds as there is far better infrastructure and tighter land supply. The latter has a lot more land

You will see Springfield area cant really move further east or south, only can expand towards RBNK Plains

13. TheYak

TheYak Active Member

Yeah that makes sense. Also probably justifies the higher price tag. Don't think I would be able to sneak in a House for <550k hence why I was looking at neighbouring suburbs.

14. applesathome

I agree, but my point was that other suburbs near by get dragged along and also experience their own growth. The classic ripple effect occuring all over Brisbane and surrounds. E.g. the cheaper suburbs of Logan are now rising because the middle ring south/ nicer suburbs of Logan keep rising, and the gap needs to close.

If Springfield keeps rising, there's no way the places nearby won't also rise.

If you're in that $400-500k budget, you might not be able to afford decent house and land in Springfield.

15. TheYak

TheYak Active Member

Been doing a little bit of research and reading through this thread. Looks like Flinders View or Yamanto (near Flinders View) could be the play for some nice long term CG. Shame I missed the recent spike but I still think this area is really affordable.

16. Hamish84

Really nice areas, also consider Churchill and Raceview. Way nicer than Bundamba/Brassall which are similar era developments. Check streetview though or do a drive by, there’s a handful of not-so-nice pockets (eg Rhiannon Drive/Wright Cres). The rest is good.

Prices are certainly exploding but well earlier in the cycle than Brisbane/Logan so a lot of room still to grow.

Just keep in mind these areas did NOTHING for 15 years, so if history repeats then you’ll be wanting to play the long game once this boom is over.

17. applesathome

My only concern would be a quick google satellite search. Heaps of land that's being developed there, you'll be buying now and competing with newer, nicer houses. Important to get a decent land block as the newer ones are probably going to be smaller and thats your advantage.

18. TheYak

TheYak Active Member

Yeah looking to purchase for a long term play so keeping this one in mind. Thanks for the reply aswell! Also adding Raceview and Churchill to my search!

19. TheYak

TheYak Active Member

Was actually just looking at this on Google Earth. Can see quite a fair bit of land south of the highway and west of Ripley. Assuming this is all being developed on so yeah that is a little concerning.

Will definitely be looking for bigger blocks of land. 600 sqm + is generally what I have been looking at.

applesathome likes this.
  20. DavidInvestment

DavidInvestment Active Member

My budget is around 500k and am debating between Ipswich and Logan. My worry is as you said these areas in Ipswich did NOTHING in terms of capital growth for atleast 15 years. I remember my friend repenting his purchase of 350k in Redbank plain in 2018. I sometimes wonder will these suburbs have decent capital gain post property boom..