QLD Ipswich where to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jayne11, 18th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jayne11

Jayne11 New Member

We are looking for our first IP in Ipswich area as it is appealing to us and that area is perfect for our budget of 400k. ( max 450k)We have been looking at houses for some time now, went for a drive a couple of times and I am just getting more confused. I think we have narrowed our search down to Raceview, Yamanto and Bellbird Park. Which suburb is better for a long term investment?
    I like Raceview but the price for a 4 bed is more than 400k We have found a house for under 400k in older estate of Bellbird Park but it just doesn’t feel as good as Raceview And then we saw Yamanto… it looked like a place where I could live but of course it is not about me.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Close to Raceview is Churchill. New railway station planned for Churchill.

Go for flood free.

Don't pay too much.

4305 is mostly OK.

Opinion only

CollinD likes this.
  3. Jayne11

Jayne11 New Member

Thanks, I had a look at Churchill, there’s nothing for sale in our budget atm.

4. boganfromlogan

Try whole of 4305?

5. StartupEasy

StartupEasy Member

Hi boganfromlogan,

I couldn't find anywhere about the new railway project at Churchill. Could you provide a source please?

6. boganfromlogan

Ipswich to Springfield Public Transport Corridor Study

your timing is good. Now that the olympics has been awarded, transport projects should get funded / fast tracked.

It is not yet funded, but i think land acquisition has happened??

Julia139 likes this.
  7. StartupEasy

StartupEasy Member

Ahh good spot. Thanks for the source!

8. StartupEasy

StartupEasy Member

Your point about the Olympics is interesting. I thought that Olympics usually results in debt in the hosting city. Do you think the olympics will positively or negatively impact property prices?

9. boganfromlogan

I think it will help with infrastructure projects, so those properties that stand to gain from improved transport will improve.

I am thinking it will help broadly, at least before everything is announced and building started.

Globally there isn't strong evidence for increase in property, but my opinion is it will.

Go Brisbane!!

StartupEasy likes this.
  10. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Cadbury99 and trp35 like this.
  11. AsburyJuke

AsburyJuke Well-Known Member

Really starting to move in Ippy now... not selling as fast as Logan, but much quicker than 6 months ago.

12. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed the same. Just wait until the sold prices start flowing through from this month’s sales. I enquired on a few, needless to saw my jaw dropped when they told me what they went for.

There’s a pretty solid lag from other Brisbane LGAs, but the tide has arrived.

13. AsburyJuke

All of a sudden, every 800m2+ RM01 or RM03 site is "under contract"!

Somebody on here buying?? :eek:_O

Happy days :):D

14. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

New school going into bellbird Park. Set to open 2023. Major road work to widen Redbank plains road in same area. Rezoning to rm2 has happened or planned for the area east of town square. Larger blocks in this area being bought by developers for 1.3m and up. Major new development also along Jones road. Stay closer to town square part for better access to everything and as such better price movements. Just don't be tempted to go to newer areas of Redbank plains. Lots of issues to avoid there.
    Yamanto is ok but I think other areas will move faster.

15. Hamish84

Agree that Springield and other 4300 suburbs have moved faster, though the ripple is heading into 4305. Give it a few months, rising tide etc. I’ve been watching Springfield and Springfield Lakes. What was $500k in late August is already into the low-mid $600s. It has exploded. How long will it have steam? However long the rest of Brisbane keeps going + the lag. And even more lag for 4305.

On the topic of untapped 4305, the areas of Yamanto/Flinders View around Winston Glades shopping centre are some of the nicest parts of Ipswich proper. Winston Glades is a really popular, smaller shopping centre with a huge IGA and great little cafe with a buzzing vibe. Rental demand around this pocket is strong, bugger all stock available.

Yamanto, if you pick up anything east of Warwick Road and for Flinders View, anything west of Ripley Road, you’re onto a winner (Flinders View being much more desirable of the two, especially around Jacana/Willowtree/Kensington/Kingsley, though Yamanto can have bigger blocks, particularly around Equestrian Drive). These parts were higher end estates back in the day, and have brilliant freeway access (both Centenary Highway and Cunningham Hwy/Ipswich Motorway).

Lots happening around there too, new Kmart and new childcare centres. Not to mention proximity to Amberley RAAF base and all the new infrastructure/amenity coming online down the road in Ripley. And some day the Springfield train line will extend to Ripley and connect to Ipswich Station, according to State Government plans.

Last edited: 13th Oct, 2021
    trp35 likes this.
  16. Hamish84

Oooh can you elaborate? Always through the opposite, the newer parts (Fernbrooke and Eden’s Crossing) were the nicer parts, riding the coat-winds of Springfield Lakes and Augustine Heights, while the older parts were a massive no-go!

17. DoingOK

DoingOK Well-Known Member

Hamish84
    I have a lot of contact with people from the newer Redbank plains area. Between the drugs the fights the cars getting stolen and the break-ins I would avoid it when just a few km away it is like a different world. They have given up reporting it as police don't show up for weeks if at all. If they did the crime stats would be unpretty..some lovely house proud people there but a lot of dropkicks who wreck it for all. Have interesting stories about how they steal from the local Coles and Woolies etc. It is really amazing.what some do. Of it booms it might bring in a better clientele which would.kick along am otherwise nice area. New shops and new school going in but the school will have a catchment or the southern Augustine heights folk not Redbank plains.

18. Hamish84

Thank you for sharing. I don’t know anybody in those new estates so don’t have the on-the-ground feedback.
    Makes me wonder how White Rock will go, just across the Centenary Freeway. Should be fine as I think they’re restricting investors, as are a lot of the estates in that corridor from what I hear. Not in Redbank Plains it sounds like though :D

19. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

20. AsburyJuke