NSW IP in St Mary's

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sady.Sydney, 6th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Well, this post shows how little you know.

The first one is over 600sq and on a corner. Yes, it can be split.
    The second one is neat & tidy & the second very large lounge is a large addition. Your personal opinion that it's hideous is irrelevant. It has more living space that a stock standard home in the area.
    The third one, like I said is Dharruk, a small private area with more demand than the others. What you've historically picked up homes for is also irrelevant. I mean, I've picked up many for under $200k, but what does that have to do with today.

2. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

OK. Good to have your opinions. I wont keep going because what you have just said is incorrect.

:) Keep going strong!!

Let me ask have you gone back to that "Watch the Druie" drop thread and re-read what you and other long term members have advised ppl on what to do? I feel sorry for the newbies that took that advice on that thread. Where is that electonic guy? He's a classic and he was 100% right all along - everyone on that thread owes him Lobster and Beers.

Hindsight is a lovely thing. :)

Last edited: 30th Jul, 2021
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Maybe you should look it up.

4. thunderstrike888

So I just got off a conference call with a work colleague and he sent me this link. His daughter and son in law are thinking of buying this one as their first home.

Its going to be expensive but they like the area, its growing and relatively cheap compared to Sydney median now of $1.41M

It looks like a very nice house on a nice street. Just wondering anyone got feedback on the public school just down the road? St Marys South Public? Its got excellent reviews on Facebook just seeing whats other members experiences with their kids if anyone has.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-st+marys-136888074

5. Sady.Sydney

Sady.Sydney Well-Known Member

My both kids go to St Mary's South and it is ok school. Not very extra ordinary

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  6. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Whats the budget/expectation on this? (tad over 1 mil?)
    Probably will end up being a lot cheaper than buying knocking down and building but that design is so bad from a functional point of view. Imagine sleeping upstairs and nature calls and stacking it down stairs while busting to pee.

Conference calls/work colleagues/work what????? thought you were a property mogul calling the shots

7. thunderstrike888

Yeah its going to go for a premium for sure. That place is attracting many FHBs at the moment and honestly for a new young family its a nice enough house as a starter. I think its actually very very nice for a starter home.

It would be VERY hard for me to leave work. I'm actually quite a nerdy guy inside (although I don't look like it).

I love my technology and having an engineering degree as my background I'm always interested in technology. I even learn new tech just for fun. :)

My job allows me to touch 10s of millions of new tech for free and vendors take me out to expensive lunches and dinners to persuade me to buy their stuff. :) - hopefully after lockdown that starts again.

RonAir likes this.
  8. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

If they have a mil to spend, don't live in South st Marys. The old saying not to buy the best house in the worst street. They would have so many option in better, neighbouring suburbs with better schools and a better demographic

Nanjie, DadWealth, Tyla and 2 others like this.
  9. thunderstrike888

They have already made up their mind that St Marys is where they want to buy. I guess they are tossing up between living there now as their fist home and the future potential that St Marys currently provides. If they are thinking about converting that place into an investment later on and taking into consideration that St Marys is going to be one of the biggest transport hubs in Sydney then its a good choice.

Plus several of their freinds have also bought around St Marys recently and have moved there. So its natural for their friendship circle to follow.

10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It's not even that great a home. Did you look at the floorplan?

gach2 likes this.
  11. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

This is probably one of a few homes in that condition in Sth St Marys.

South of the M4 would probably have more on the market in similar condition. I dont really see much of the difference geographically wise but would more likely have better neighbours.

Then again this house currently probably stands out in Sth St Marys while a ST Clair equivalent would be just above average so depends on buyers ego etc

skater likes this.
  12. beachgurl

That would be a terrible investment. A very expensive property for the demographic and I'm sure the yield would be poor. Find them some of your bargain basement stuff if they want to invest.

13. thunderstrike888

What are you talking about? This is their first home. This ain't no investment. Have you read anything?

14. beachgurl

Yeah, the 4th line of your post that I copied in my last reply. Are u smoking the happy stuff tonight?

15. thunderstrike888

You remind me of some work colleagues from different teams who decide to selectively process what they want to hear in meetings until they get pulled up again because they have totally interpreted the context completely on the requirements at hand. Again read it twice or three times if you have to. No one is saying this buy is for investment. Read Carefully.

16. beachgurl

I think you enjoy posting for the sake of posting. Except when being called out on saying something u believe u haven't or forget you've written and then you get nasty.

skater likes this.
  17. thunderstrike888

As I said again read post #687. That provides context that clearly this house is a FHB requirement for them to live, hence asking for primary school details for their kids. Then I said "IF" they are thinking of in the future converting into an investment its not a bad choice due to infrastructure which is due to complete and transform St Marys in the future.

Where in this context did anyone mention they are buying this for investment purposes only - heck they might live in it for the next 10+ years!!! Far far from the truth. Context makes everything. No point picking out a single sentence and replying solely to that.

18. Rick183

Rick183 Member

Don't like trolls. Keep out if you can't help

19. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This forum isn't to tell you how to do it. It's to teach you to do it yourself.

If you are going to be lazy & rely on others for even the most basic information, expect less than average results.

Nanjie and Tyla like this.
  20. Masuda Afroz

Masuda Afroz Member

My first IP. Looking at this area for past four months and learning a lot how to buy and what are the processes. It is time consuming and some time heart breaking. Don't know where am I doing it wrong. Right now feeling so down.
    So far 5 offers were at the highest and at the last moment what the agent informed me that vendor choose someone else's offer. Reasons, owner choose who has highest deposit ( They even don't know how much was my deposit) or vendor negotiated deal with someone and it is not me. Even after having signed the contract of sale one out of two vendors decided not to sign and demand to increase the price.
    Why I feel like real state agents are not telling me full story what is happening. Should I need buyer agent to increase my chance and open the door for negotiation? Looking for expert's advice to help me find a way how to be successful.
    Thank you in advance.