NSW IP in St Mary's

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sady.Sydney, 6th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Yeah some softies got a bit upset and must have complained about me. LOL :D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

2. thunderstrike888

3. Kevbo

Kevbo Well-Known Member

Do you know what the sale price is? It would’ve been in the high 500k a few months ago?

4. thunderstrike888

Dunno what the sale price is but I would think pretty close to the upper side of asking of $650k. Yeah definitely in the $500s not long ago.

You know I love the west but I guess this shows how strong these areas are at the moment especially in lockdown and within 4 days if listing without a single open.

I guess lockdowns are creating more and more FOMO which I was expecting anyway. Watch out for Spring season. I think the guys that sold off at the start of the year are going to really regret it and the guys that bought are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Sydney in lockdown: ‘FOMO’ intensifies as restrictions drive huge drop in property listings - realestate.com.au

5. Investor1234

Investor1234 Well-Known Member

Maroochydore. Sorry, just saw your message.

6. thunderstrike888

7. jskf01

jskf01 Member

As I understand you need at least 800sqm to maximise utility of the R4 zone right for apartments?

8. thunderstrike888

No idea I'm not on that level of building multi-storey apartments. Otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum. I'd be relaxing somewhere on my own island. :)

I would assume the buyer/developer would weigh up his options to try to buy neighboring properties not only this one. If Dyldam or Mirvac or another one of the big boys buy it thats probably their aim.

9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Sigh! You can't 'go' to an online auction. It's online.

10. thunderstrike888

Obviously! You can still go and attend it. I'm very proficient at zoom meetings these days. Done around 7 today.

Why do you even reply with these kind of responses? Seriously arent you way past that age.

11. Haseef Ahmed

Haseef Ahmed Member

What do you guys think about this property? I particularly like the dual income, corner block and 556sq.m land. Although building is old, but better than average rental yield and potential for Capital Gain in Colyton.

Do you guys see any red flags? I don't know why in this hot market this has not been sold in the past 30days.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-colyton-136598398

I am keen to put in an offer, but wanted to seek your feedback if I have missed anything or is there anything else to consider? Would be highly appreciated.

All above assuming Colyton is a good area to invest for capital gains?

12. thunderstrike888

It dont really matter what anyone else thinks. If your happy with it buy it. If you pass someone else will buy it no worries. Land is not that big at 556sqm so you probably cant do anything with it in the future.

I thought I saw that under offer, maybe finances fell through for the previous buyer, maybe they had a change of mind or maybe they got another deal somewhere else.

Colyton is favoured by FHBs and young families so plenty of ppl to buy it if you dont.

13. thunderstrike888

14. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Never got the obsession about old Mt Druitt. That's just a triplex site and with a base cost price of around 650-700k.

Answer cant be truly answered by anyone except he/she that purchased their at around that rate

skater likes this.
  15. Haseef Ahmed

Haseef Ahmed Member

Thanks for your reply. I found another property with dual income, but much bigger land size and recently renovated. It may be another $50 $70k, do you think it's worth the additional premium?

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-colyton-136728882

16. beachgurl

beachgurl Well-Known Member

Is it cheaper than the equivalent that isn't on a main road?

skater likes this.
  17. showtime94

showtime94 Well-Known Member

Even mt druitt prices at 600k upto 700k

18. thunderstrike888

Amazing prices also now being asked for in 2770. Everything is under contract so damn fast. I can see all of 2770 hit $750k-$800k+ this boom easy especially if it goes well into 2022 and 2023. Heck might even be higher and this will mean St Marys/Mt Druitt/Colyton has potential to be close to $1M for sure.

Exciting exciting times indeed. Never in my life I would have thought I'd see these figures around here this quickly as well.

Wait until the airport opens and St Marys is one of the biggest transport hubs. Whoever has skin in the game going to kill it.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-tregear-136755602
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-blackett-136817678
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-dharruk-136786018

19. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Cherry picking the most expensive ones in the area. The first one is a corner, sub dividable block. The second isn't a stock standard ex-housie, it has a large extension on the side. The third is in Dharruk, which was a non-housie subdivision & usually sells for higher.

Here's a stock standard 2770 home.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-lethbridge+park-136702078

20. thunderstrike888

That first one is 613sqm. Its too small. You ain't doing anything with it especially not sub divide.

The second one is a 3/1/1 only sitting on 560sqm block. Nothing special at all. Actually quite hideous if you ask me.

The third one is a very very basic 3/1/2 with a very cheap $3k bathroom reno and again only 592sqm. Very similar to ones I picked up for $250k.

I aint cherry picking anything. LOL.

Look all you have to do is look back on that famous "Watch the Druie Drop" thread and everyone including yourself was wrong bigtime. I've read that thread in its entirety and just laugh out loud.

I'm just saying ppl with skin in the game around here are going to absolutely kill it. Watch it happen. :) :)

Last edited: 30th Jul, 2021