QLD IP in QLD - Upper Kedron or Warner

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Joshua2019, 2nd Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Joshua2019

Joshua2019 Member

Hi,

Thinking of buying my first IP in Queensland - max budget is 600k - have 120k cash.
    I am looking at 2 properties which are under 590k - built 2013 and 2014. One of them is in Upper Kedron ( 470sqm land) and the other one is in Warner (600sqm land) ( both are 4bedroom,2 bath, 2 garage). Since I am not from Brisbane would be glad to know which one would be better investment - Upper Kedron suburb or Warner?

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I don't know much about either suburb but if I had to choose one of those two I'd go Upper Kedron.

Needs thorough DD though and all depends on your specific goals etc.

3. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose these two suburbs - just because they'd be relatively new builds?
    Both probably wouldn't be on my radar, but I do follow suburbs in their surrounds and know a little bit about both areas...

Both a quite pretty suburbs - have certain appeal for tenants, and near mostly good infrastructure and schools. But... There is a fair bit of vacant land around both suburbs - especially Upper Kedron, where there are vast subdivisions on the not too distant horizon. You may find arterial roads become a bit clogged as this development continues and there's no real increase in demand for your property, which really pushes the growth $ up.

The question has been asked a million times on this forum, so I'll make it 1,000,001 - what's your strategy?

If you're chasing capitol gain, there are better suburbs in your price range that I'd suggest would give you a better return.
    If for cash flow, hmm, you may be lucky and score something cf+ (with that big deposit and depreciation)...

If I was in your shoes, I'd be looking at buying closer to the city.
    I think The Gap is a very under rated suburb. Ferny Grove, Ferny Hills, Keperra and Arana Hills have had great growth over the last couple of years - you could jump on the bandwagon there, and still possibly do better than your two options mentioned above.

Please note, I'm far from being an expert. If you have time, and you're going to be outlaying that much of your hard earned $, jump on a place, hire a car and spend a few days driving around, chatting to locals/agents/etc. so you get a better feel for an area.

And good luck! :)

4. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Upper Kedron is set to hit million dollar mark very very soon. Already properties are selling around that mark...

gman65 likes this.