QLD IP in Brisbane - Stafford/ Stafford Heights

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by PinkPanther, 29th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PinkPanther

PinkPanther Well-Known Member

First time investor here and new to this forum.
    I am looking at making a move towards my first purchase and have shortlisted few properties in Stafford Heights. The houses listed in realestate dont have a price guide and the estimated prices on the websites are lagging too since they cant seem to catchup with the market. To be honest, I am struggling to put an offer as I dont want to do an emotional purchase (FOMO) but I know there is plenty of competition out there in this hot market.

Calling out to all the experienced members of this forum - what would you offer for the following properties?

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford+heights-136589338
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford+heights-136392842

Oh by the way, my budget is 700k - 800k.

2. fols

fols Well-Known Member

I suggest you do your own research to determine where you see the value. Look at the recent sell prices of comparable properties. The only way you will buy a property is to step up and make an offer, and you are correct the particular market you refer to is super competitive, so you'll need to shake off that fear. Have you considered using a Buyers Agent?

3. PinkPanther

Thanks mate...I did suburb research and stafford heights looked good that is why zeroed on it. Also looked at recent sold prices at realestate.com.au which is not that helpful to figure out what should I offer. Tried to get free property reports from BOQ, NAB, ANZ etc but looks like they all are lagging with what is happening on ground.

Buyers agent - is a good idea however I just have saved for intial depoist+transaction costs. this
    will push me by few more months. so I thought I will do own research , take inputs from this forum members as I see great suggestions here, shakeoff fear but when time comes I see myself as scared to make such big financial decision. That is why I thought will ask for some guidance from seniors here.

4. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Did someone ask for me?
    I keep my eyes out on particular these postcode 4053.
    @PinkPanther
    Calling out to all the experienced members of this forum - what would you offer for the following properties?

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford+heights-136589338
    Personally I don't see the appeal of corner blocks. It isn't like in Sydney or Melbourne - where a corner block you can build a duplex on 2 street front.
    This would be in the mid 700k unless the market have move again.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-stafford+heights-136392842
    This would be in the mid 700k to high 700k unless the market have move again.

I only periodically follow this area as I have 2 developer blocks at Stafford.
    Those blocks I haven't seen for sale lately. There aren't that many that isn't being already sold or hang on for future development.

I have been saying since 2018 how Grange suburb on the otherside have a difference of 200k.
    How can Stafford being next suburb sells for such a good value. Nowadays the gap have narrowed somewhat.

5. PinkPanther

Thanks @Gen-Y
    Appreciate your inputs - definitely very helpful!
    I was thinking on similar lines but was just not sure, given the way market is booming at the moment.
    The first one may need renovation (more than just the usual carpet, paint etc) ... sigh..
    The second one is relatively appealing but its under offer already