QLD IP @ Coopers Plain QLD for 450-460 K

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by fairy, 28th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. fairy

fairy Active Member

I am looking at IP @ Coopers Plain QLD, Which 50 - 60 years not in flood zone on 400 sqm block. It is 3 bedder 1 Toilet and 2 garage. Currenty rented for 390 per week. It is on sort of main rd Musgrave Road.

Please advise for thoughts ?

Thanks

2. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Old small house on a small block of land, on a main rd. Same price as a similar sized and aged house that just sold in a suburb closer to the city, which isn't on a main road, and has a 670m2 block of land... http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-salisbury-119704575

Hmmmm I would keep looking.

KUS50 and fairy like this.
  3. fairy

fairy Active Member

Thanks

4. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

If I had to buy right now. I would probably buy this house: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-salisbury-119672887

Could do it as a share house and get your $700 per week rent after bills.

More hands on management with share house, so a real-estate agent might charge a bit more to manage it. But a 6.6% rental yield isn't too bad. And it's in a good suburb which should see some growth when the new big private school opens next year.

That's what I would do. But all my properties are in Salisbury so I'm obviously very focussed on the area. May be better deals out there.

fairy likes this.
  5. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

I agree with Tim. Doesn't seem to be much for your money, and that yield is crap.

Tim86 and fairy like this.
  6. fairy

fairy Active Member

Thanks Tim86. Can you recommend any PM from that area ? I was also considering an option of reno if t can be manage from interstate. Is there any company in brisbane could help with fix price quote ?

7. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Yeah a reno could be a good idea too.

I do my own renos and property management so unfortunately i cant recommend anyone for you.

Can anyone else give fairy some good recommendations?

8. KUS50

KUS50 Member

There are plenty of builders in Brisbane that will manage your reno at a fixed cost.

You will pay a premium for this and correct property selection will be extremely important to avoid overcapitalising.

If your goal is to add value by renovation, Musgrave Rd might be ok however which part are we talking, closer to Robertson - yes good - down near the train line and opposite the industrial estate - bad avoid.

Mid 400k's indicates the latter, I'd be inclined to be fussier with the location when renovating to add value.

9. fairy

fairy Active Member

How do i send PM here.

10. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was going to post that it sounded expensive for CP but Tim has summed it up nicely.

11. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Click on their name and start a conversation?

12. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi all,

Is Coopers Plains still a suburb that's worth looking into investing long term? My concern is the multi stage Corner Stone development which may cause oversupply in a couple of years. But I'm no expert so I thought I'll throw the question out and see how others think...

13. diagnostic

diagnostic Well-Known Member

I'd consider what your strategy is before jumping to conclusions but agreed that the IP does not seem like 'value for money'.