Investors prime Melbourne - Konrad bobilak

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Anki, 15th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anki

Anki Active Member

Hi All,

Has anyone used the services of Investors prime - Konrad Bobilak. He has written a book on property finance and also work as a real estate agent with focus on investors.

His company mostly sells new townhouses in Melbourne blue chip suburbs.

Thanks

Rubal Sharma likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

He used to be associated with Jamie McIntyre who is a known spruiker. Be careful.

3. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

This morning I saw a group of about 20 at the end of Wimborne Av, Chelsea. A salesman giving a talk to a well-dressed Asian (possibly overseas) audience on a deck at the end of the street overlooking the beach.

Wandered past the group to get to the drinking fountain and lingered a while, with eyes on the view and ears on what was said. I quickly noted Investors Prime on one of the folders along with 1 Wimborne Av. As fascinated as I am by sales talk and spruikers, a barefoot T-shirted Aussie wandering off the sand would have stood out. So, with a touch of reluctance I left them be, though I did note the company name and an intention to research later.

I looked at their website. Presumably priced out of the 'blue chip' suburbs, they're spreading towards Frankston with development in the likes of Edithvale and Chelsea.

I went for the brochure first. 1 Wimborne Av. http://investorsprime.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chelsea_Brochure_Print_FINAL.pdf

It's shoved behind newish high density flats on busy Nepean Hwy. It's quite close to the train line and there's an ugly substation across the highway that's often graffitied. Apart from that it's a handy location near beach, shops and train.

The brochure on the property had two errors on the first page with significant text. The first was not in their favour - they got the distance to the local shops dramatically wrong. They were also incorrect with the name of the local golf course.

The next page had four errors. Mostly basic English and punctuation but also misspelling the name of a nearby happening cafe strip and well-known suburb.

Later they had pictures, admittedly 'Artists Impressions' of the inside of the townhouses including the views towards the beach. Judge for yourself. Compare the view out of the windows with the actual view from Google https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38...h8OatH9jMvwNkxCk-Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

The reality is there's a lot more houses and a lot fewer trees than portrayed in the brochure. This artist was obviously told to be highly impressionistic!

A further look at their website included a mention of a fast-track weekend. Maybe this was what I stumbled across. However the link was broken (account suspended). A whois search indicates that Konrad Bobilak owns it.

None of the points above are major. But there's enough alarm bells including foreign (less informed?) investors, sloppiness with documentation and creative licence with pictures to make them appear an outfit that is best avoided.

The association with Jamie McIntyre (and Henry Kaye) is confirmed in this photo Watchdog moves on land banking Also Delving into the dark side of shadow brokers

Last edited: 16th Oct, 2016
    David_SYD, ellejay, Ekrem and 4 others like this.
  4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Sells to investors - but mainly new townhouses..
    Enough said...

Ekrem and Anki like this.
  5. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Got to have super sonic hearing to hear waves crash 250m away.

upload_2016-10-18_17-9-35.png

upload_2016-10-18_17-10-6.png

Ekrem and Anki like this.
  6. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Their distance calculations were sometimes out. I'd put the beach at nearer to 150m distance. I reckon you'd be able to hear the waves from that distance if it's 2am (and there's no cars on the highway or trains rumbling by). The shopping strip figure at 1.5km was the biggest inaccuracy - it's more like 300m.

I suspect these are the only instances where the facts are better than the claims.

Ekrem likes this.
  7. Novoice

Novoice New Member

Anyone updates to Konrad Bobilak's mentorship program? Now that a few years have gone past, I am wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on it.

Gihan likes this.
  8. Gihan

Gihan Member

I am also interested to know...Does anyone has any recent experience with them?

9. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

I am interested to know as well except I searched all the forum section here about any feedback on this and still nada... so I guess nay.

Last edited: 23rd Aug, 2020
  10. Gihan

Gihan Member

I watched most of his youtube videos ...Looks lot of useful content on it.But it is very interesting that not much feedback or reviews on these programs in internet .

The.Night.King likes this.
  11. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

same as a matter of fact Im interested on buying his new released book.

12. Gihan

Gihan Member

I bought the ebook (PDF). It is pretty good and already completed few chapters and lot of good content.. worth buying it.

Rubal Sharma likes this.
  13. Rubal Sharma

Rubal Sharma Member

I did the fast track weekend at no cost back in January this year. Lot of information and Melbourne property analysis. Spent next day in bus and had free lunch. They took us to few new developments in Balaclava, Brighton & all with high price tag like nothing less than 1.5 mil and offered this scheme for five years where he signs up 10 investors and find one property for each every year and charges 5k for 5 year. I have been watching all his videos on youtube which are very useful and knowledgeable moreover thinking of buying his latest book too (hard copy) . I must say this guy is smart and very intelligent. He says he is very rich with multi million dollar property portfolio which makes me thinking why bother.

In the end i didn't have any experience with him or his team in property dealing yet. I met other people in seminar i spoke to, even they haven't bought anything from him yet.

14. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

So it seems like you end up with a 1/10th share in five houses. You have to find about $155,000 every year. Mr rich guy ends up with $250,000. What are the financing and exit strategies considering you have no control over any of the properties?

JamesAllen likes this.
  15. Hari Yellina

Hari Yellina Well-Known Member

I have been to 2-day training. a lot of good content.

1) His knowledge of finance is unmatchable. He explains the DSR ratio perfectly. I still use his calculations until this day

2) He explains using a trust for saving on land taxes.

3) His book on finance is one of the best out there.

4) His knowledge of Melbourne property market is very very good.

I will go to his 2 days once again. Watch his Youtube Videos and read all his books.

I want to learn as much as I can on finance.

Pingu1988 likes this.
  16. Rubal Sharma

Rubal Sharma Member

Sorry i think i didn't explain well

Let's say i sign up for his 5 years program where i'll be paying him 5000 dollars for 5 years as 1k a year in which he will be giving me whole lot of services.

Where he will find out my borrowing capacity, set up my profile and then look out for few properties which he thinks have future growth potential. He normally gives few options to choose from in properties including houses, town houses, future developments & all.

Next year you buy one more property in same way and following year you take out equity and play the game again. On 4th year you have 3 properties to take equities from and little more savings to buy another property. Altogether you end up buying four or five properties in five years.

He has whole team of best Accountants and brokers who set up your trust for each property and your borrowing capacity according to your need. Then he provides property manager too to look after your investment properties lol

So end of the day he makes money in everything 5k price tag is just a face as nobody likes free advice

17. Hari Yellina

Hari Yellina Well-Known Member

$5000 is not a bad price for 5 years. This fee is to find out your commitment. I am only guessing there.

Finding out your borrowing capacity, whenever you need is gold in itself. if you want to keep investing, you need to know your borrowing capacity constantly.

You need a broker, you will genuinely contact you every 6 months or on your request, give your borrowing capacity.

You definitely need knowledgable accountants and lawyers to help you with a right deed.

"trust deed" written wong or set up wrong. it will cost your hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

My personal contact with him.

After the seminar, I and my wife paid fees and meet him. We had discussed the whole lof of options. Before I met him, some strategists advised we sell a few of our properties, because they are in Footscray and Wyndham area. He advised against it. Now, I built 8 properties on that both lots, its more than 7 million worth, just the 2 blocks worth.

I didn't join him with Investor prime, because there is another group, I joined, where we buy build and hold. due to my existing portfolio and serviceability, I went to do bigger projects.

Rubal Sharma likes this.
  18. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Member

Where he will find out my borrowing capacity, set up my profile and then look out for few properties which he thinks have future growth potential. He normally gives few options to choose from in properties including houses, town houses, future developments & all.

Any good broker will literally find your borrowing capacity for free for you lol? What's the big deal.

"Future Growth Potential" More like he will sell you brand new town houses or off the plan properties which make him and his developer rich lmao.

He has whole team of best Accountants and brokers who set up your trust for each property and your borrowing capacity according to your need. Then he provides property manager too to look after your investment properties lol

He doesn't provide you with a good team his property manager is "Changing Places Real Estate" Google their reviews and you will find out.

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Sep, 2020
    Rubal Sharma likes this.
  19. JamesAllen

JamesAllen Member

Finding out your borrowing capacity, whenever you need is gold in itself. if you want to keep investing, you need to know your borrowing capacity constantly.

You need a broker, you will genuinely contact you every 6 months or on your request, give your borrowing capacity.

Gold in it self? Any broker will literally tell you your borrowing capacity for free what's so special about that.

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Sep, 2020
    ellejay and Lindsay_W like this.
  20. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with this, people who try to work it out themselves are often wrong as they typically don't understand how bank policy affects the borrowing capacity calculations and often over estimate how much they can borrow (in my experience)
    A good broker relationship is key while building a portfolio and they would be able to give you your actual borrowing capacity whenever you need it, you don't need to pay someone $5000 just for the privilege.

ellejay and JamesAllen like this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.