Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Investors prime Melbourne - Konrad bobilak

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Anki, 15th Oct, 2016.

1. Anki

Anki Active Member

Hi All,

Has anyone used the services of Investors prime - Konrad Bobilak. He has written a book on property finance and also work as a real estate agent with focus on investors.

His company mostly sells new townhouses in Melbourne blue chip suburbs.

Thanks

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker - Australia Wide Business Member

He used to be associated with Jamie McIntyre who is a known spruiker. Be careful.

Terry_w and Anki like this.
  3. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

This morning I saw a group of about 20 at the end of Wimborne Av, Chelsea. A salesman giving a talk to a well-dressed Asian (possibly overseas) audience on a deck at the end of the street overlooking the beach.

Wandered past the group to get to the drinking fountain and lingered a while, with eyes on the view and ears on what was said. I quickly noted Investors Prime on one of the folders along with 1 Wimborne Av. As fascinated as I am by sales talk and spruikers, a barefoot T-shirted Aussie wandering off the sand would have stood out. So, with a touch of reluctance I left them be, though I did note the company name and an intention to research later.

I looked at their website. Presumably priced out of the 'blue chip' suburbs, they're spreading towards Frankston with development in the likes of Edithvale and Chelsea.

I went for the brochure first. 1 Wimborne Av. http://investorsprime.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Chelsea_Brochure_Print_FINAL.pdf

It's shoved behind newish high density flats on busy Nepean Hwy. It's quite close to the train line and there's an ugly substation across the highway that's often graffitied. Apart from that it's a handy location near beach, shops and train.

The brochure on the property had two errors on the first page with significant text. The first was not in their favour - they got the distance to the local shops dramatically wrong. They were also incorrect with the name of the local golf course.

The next page had four errors. Mostly basic English and punctuation but also misspelling the name of a nearby happening cafe strip and well-known suburb.

Later they had pictures, admittedly 'Artists Impressions' of the inside of the townhouses including the views towards the beach. Judge for yourself. Compare the view out of the windows with the actual view from Google https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-38...h8OatH9jMvwNkxCk-Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

The reality is there's a lot more houses and a lot fewer trees than portrayed in the brochure. This artist was obviously told to be highly impressionistic!

A further look at their website included a mention of a fast-track weekend. Maybe this was what I stumbled across. However the link was broken (account suspended). A whois search indicates that Konrad Bobilak owns it.

None of the points above are major. But there's enough alarm bells including foreign (less informed?) investors, sloppiness with documentation and creative licence with pictures to make them appear an outfit that is best avoided.

The association with Jamie McIntyre (and Henry Kaye) is confirmed in this photo Watchdog moves on land banking Also Delving into the dark side of shadow brokers

Last edited: 16th Oct, 2016
    House, Big Will, Anki and 1 other person like this.
  4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Sells to investors - but mainly new townhouses..
    Enough said...

Anki likes this.
  5. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Got to have super sonic hearing to hear waves crash 250m away.

upload_2016-10-18_17-9-35.png

upload_2016-10-18_17-10-6.png

Anki likes this.
  6. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Their distance calculations were sometimes out. I'd put the beach at nearer to 150m distance. I reckon you'd be able to hear the waves from that distance if it's 2am (and there's no cars on the highway or trains rumbling by). The shopping strip figure at 1.5km was the biggest inaccuracy - it's more like 300m.

I suspect these are the only instances where the facts are better than the claims.