Investors market

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Ryno, 6th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ryno

Ryno Well-Known Member

Silly question maybe but obviously an investors market means investors are buying. What's pros and cons. Eventually it stops. Just curious to understand bit more. Just looking at Ballarat heaps of sales low yields obviously prices will go up with people buying. Cheers

2. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

Investors also sell, just sayin.

Investors market would mean (to me at least) high yields and not many sales (due to high yields and lack of supply).

I look at property markets more like buyers market where lots of supply therefore low yields. Prices generally falling.
    Sellers market = limited supply and rising yields. Prices generally rising.
    Where Investors fit into that is dependent upon that investors' strategy eg: to add value & therefore yield or to buy into already good yield.
    Add to that, looking for cap gains or just yield?
    Best to get both if you can but thats harder than you think. But many here have done it. Just read about @skater for starters!

3. Ryno

Ryno Well-Known Member

Great info thanks mate. Are you into horses by anychance

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Not sure, my take on it???

Sellers market is when market is booming, stocks are low and prices are rising. Multiple offers and re agents struggling to get stock. Is this the beginning of a sellers market in Ballarat???

Buyers market the opposite, when too much stock, and not enough buyers, therefore buyers can low ball. Prices can also continue to fall.

Investors markets, just depends you can buy in either market, dependent on what you are chasing. For example at the moment Perth/WA is a bit of a basket case, however there are possibilities to low ball for cash flow. But you should probably not depend on growth.

Ballarat, sounds like its ticking along, so how long are properties staying on the market, what is selling/product??, is it just houses ??? Who is buying is it FHB??? What's driving this market, it is a price point?

I know nothing about Ballarat just my 2 cents.

5. Ko Ko Naing

Ko Ko Naing Well-Known Member

Days on market varies between Lake Wendouree (Toorak-equivalent of Ballarat) and Ballarat Central (mum-and-dad suburb). Good properties were on market for one or two weeks, where properties that need a lot of works are on the market for several months.

People still prefer houses. Unit demand is still a long way to go IMO, while units closer to the city centre and uni can attract some. Owner occupiers (FHBs, Tree changers) have been driving the market over the last few years. Having said that, as the fundamentals attract investors, who knows how it could transition into an investor market.