Investors are buying more of US Housing market than ever before

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MTR, 14th Jul, 2019 at 4:50 PM.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Material Girl Premium Member

I do recall saying that the ship has sailed, weird that, I wonder why I said it...
    .... because it just keeps roaring

There are I think 50 States so not all markets are equal. but interesting when you think what can be achieved in terms of cash flow. Growth is just an added bonus. Mind you we know when there is demand prices will continue to rise as there is not enough stock.

Here is a recent article, seems the lower end is doing very well

Want a House Like This? Prepare for a Bidding War With Investors

Investors Are Buying More of the U.S. Housing Market Than Ever Before

Last edited: 14th Jul, 2019 at 5:04 PM
  2. Oliver Shane

Oliver Shane Well-Known Member

The beauty of buying at a market bottom with gross yields over 7% :)

AUD decline also a lovely kicker

C-mac, SOULFLY3 and MTR like this.
  3. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

^^^^ this.

I know to many it seems daunting to tackle the US. And when I started less than a year ago, it WAS!

But after nearly 12 years in the AU investment property game, I has the wisdom, experience, and well, balls, to take a (educated, informed, researched, and fully understood) risk. And, well, it is paying off for me big time.

As an avid FIREbug myself (who optimises my financial life right down to every grocery store decision I make), I know my journey to financial independence has been seriously ramped up more in the last 10 months that in at least the totality of the 5 years previous to that; thanks to my foray into US markets.

As I have said many times on here, I am still long-term bullish on AU markets, but right now in 2019, I KNOW my investment $$$ available, can work much much harder in other markets, and with really not much change to my risk-profile-level than I have established for my AU efforts.

If you are comfortable with out of state investing in AU, then out of country investing (specifically the US, can't comment on other countries), is really not that big a leap. This is compounded by the fact we have a tax treaty between AU and US which, once you learn it a bit, makes your taxes process in both countries, really not that daunting.

4. Nicho

Nicho New Member

Certainly interested in investing in the USA when comparing the markets there compared to AUS, in particular some of the yields available over there.

Could anyone recommend a good buyers agent in Sydney that has experience in this?