Investment Savvy Mortgage Brockers

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Skcoddam, 27th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Yep - I guess some use it to do as you said, differentiate themselves, or outline their target market eg. someone who only wants to deal with investor clients. Which is fine but I wouldn't put any weight on it when deciding who to use as a broker, experience counts WAY more than a BS tagline is my point.

MC1 likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I know a great broker who wouldn't have a clue about investment loan structuring.

She works with first home buyers - does an amazing job. She's awesome at her niche.

Investment savvy just differentiates niches IMO.

Am I not a good broker if I don't know the ins and out of FHB like the back of my hand? Or commercial lending?

Or asset finance? :)

That said, you can be an 'investment savvy' broker and still have appalling customer service, for eg - the tag line certainly doesn't make you a good broker.

3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

See my last post
    The main point was about taglines - as in does it make them any better or worse than brokers who don't call themselves "Investment Savvy" does the broker you know call herself a "First Home Buyer Savvy" broker?
    In my opinion the FHB stuff isn't hard to be across, my main client base is investors and FHB's, the FHB stuff aint difficult to get your head around, there's not too many "ins and outs". Granted you do need to put more time and effort into explaining the difference in loan types, the application process, fees etc with those clients. Helps having a good solicitor to refer to that can help them understand the contract side of things too.
    Those FHB's can and do turn into investors and I would rather look after them long term not just with the first purchase, but each to their own.
    Maybe I should call myself a Lending Savvy Mortgage Broker :)

Last edited: 2nd Feb, 2020
    Jess Peletier likes this.
  4. Lymanara

Lymanara New Member

When I was planning to take out a mortgage, I was faced with the problem of choosing the best mortgage program and some paper issues. At that moment, it was difficult for me to figure it out on my own. Moreover, I've heard that people make mistakes and the bank rejects their application as a result, so I decided to hire a professional mortgage broker Birmingham to avoid mortgage issues. In addition, a good mortgage broker can help lower the interest rate and you will pay less. Over time, I learned to understand this because I want to get a job in this field, and I hope to become a good broker to help people.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia