Investing in share ... help !!!

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Kelly88, 3rd Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kelly88

Kelly88 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am very nervous about buying my first few shares !!! Especially now, when the market is record high and I keep hearing on the news that the economy is not doing that well... I still can't understand the connection between these two !!!

I have a simple question for everyone. Say, I buy 4K of one company this month. Next month, I buy another 4K of the same company. Will I get different holding numbers SRN each time I buy, or will they be combined together ? Thanks. It's just easier to reinvest dividends, e.g. if I have 8K as the dividend is higher.

2. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

https://www.asx.com.au/documents/about/fact-sheet-chess-sponsored-and-issuer-sponsored-holdings.pdf

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I recommend going to a Peter Thornhill talk :)

4. kimba88

kimba88 Well-Known Member

Where and when?

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Share price graph

While many of the six x figure salaries of many of the stars are gone,and as it may go above 2 bucks today for the ones that put nostalgia ahead of a good business model ..imho..

Share price graph

AMP(ASX) $1.985 $1.99 $1.965 0.02 1% $1.985 $1.99 1.2M
    AMP(NZX) $2.08 $2.08 $2.08 0.01 0.5% $2.10 $2.11 612

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia