QLD Investing in Brisbane? Oxley, 4075?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jsaba2018, 7th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jsaba2018

Jsaba2018 New Member

Hi guys, I've been looking into an investment property up in Oxley (4 bedroom duplex, 3.5 bathrooms, 1 car space), Qld. This property is (luckily) completely out of the flood zone as it is situated on the highest point of the suburb. I've been doing some research about Oxley and am contemplating the idea of investing, it seems like a solid suburb right on the edge of the current growth zones (surrounding suburbs have median prices at least $150-$200k above it), there is a large infrastructure project occurring not too far off the suburb, Woolworths has recently built a location there, has a bunnings, Officeworks, train station, several schools and shopping complexes surrounding it & is also around 11km from the Brisbane CBD.

Is there a hidden reason why the surrounding suburbs have considerably higher prices than Oxley and Oxley itself hasn't popped? Is it a bad neighborhood, prone to flooding a lot? Or is the demand for houses slowly pushing west down the river as more people look for property in Brisbane? What is the overall opinion on this suburb, I am curious to hear!!

2. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

We think investment in Oxley (in non flood affected parts) is a great option in Brisbane.

We have personally invested a fair bit in Oxley and Sherwood in the last 18 month.

We also currently live in one of our completed projects in the suburb, as we are building in a nearby suburb. From a residential point of view, its awesome. 20m to city from train, a stack of food options including a couple of very nice restaurants (albeit in Graceville/Chelmer/Sherwood area), proximity to massive shops (bunnings jb etc) and also the new little food precinct with woolies with some great cafes etc.

Look at median prices and three year growth (From Your Investment Property May), it doesn't really seem as if anything is wrong with it to me. Obviously Chelmer, Graceville (and to a lesser degree Sherwood and Corinda) have a fair bit of prestige attached to them, with the median being skewed by river front properties (with high dollar value 1-8m).

Chelmer = 1000k, 20.12%
    Graceville = 851k, 13.62%
    Sherwood = 905k, 27.46%
    Corinda = 729k, 34.38%
    Oxley = 535k, 17.58%

ndpjai likes this.