Investing in Apartment/units

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Skydome, 7th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. highlighter

highlighter Well-Known Member

Maybe my Irish is showing, I just mean a separate house - they're the most popular target of middle income families, a very stable buyer bracket, and so likely to attract stable returns and rents. If the area is owner-dominated and there aren't heaps of townhouses around, those could also be fine. Some suburbs have a lot of say terrace houses. In Ireland these are called semi-detached.

One problem with a lot of the apartment market is it's become quite crowded. Obviously this varies, but it's much of the reason why rental yields are at or close to record lows. Some people do want to live in apartments but some cities have an awful lot of new apartments being released or in the pipeline.

2. Skydome

Skydome Well-Known Member

Ohhh right. It gets bits confusing in this aspect as there are so many interchangeable terms.

And yeah, Apartment market is pretty heated which is why i'm thinking to stay away from the large apartment complexes, smaller ones might be better as there could be more room for developers and etc but after searching im thinking it might be best looking at an actual cheap house in tasmania or some form of a small unit/apartment complex elsewhere in mainland assuming the rental income is decent and body corp and insurance fees don't eat too much into rental profits.