Invest Inala, Bellbirdpark or Marsden QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MrKen1410, 27th Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MrKen1410

MrKen1410 Member

Hi can someone please help give me advice on which is better suburb out of the 3 I mention. I’m buying to invest and rent out, possibly want to add in a granny flat as well.

Inala, Bellbird park or Marsden,

2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Inala is Brisbane City Council which don't allow granny flats to be rented to a separate group.

What about Woodridge, Kingston, Logan Central and Slacks Creek?

In another Thread people were talking about travel times to the city.

IP 2 and IP 3 - Melbourne Suburbs or Brisbane Suburbs

Yesterday I left Kangaroo Point and made note of the time when I went past Springwood on the M1, just 15 minutes...! Opposite Springwood you have Slacks Creek and Woodridge.

With further upgrades planned for the M1 motorway and the new busway coming I know where I'd be buying.

Last edited: 27th Dec, 2020
  3. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Try doing that mid week in peak hours!

4. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Yup correct - People just don't want to mentioned the working week situation.
    I would always like the worst case - if it gets better it is a bonus.

5. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

Wait until school starts again, that will be a better indication of traffic.

6. Rich2011

Not everyone travels in peak hours!

7. Polymath

Polymath Active Member

Google is a decent unbiased estimate.

Attached Files:

8. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

It’s call the majority or typical for a reason.
    More than 50% of workers fall into that category.

9. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

True!

But anyone who thinks 15 mins from Springwood to the city is the norm is in for a rude shock!

codeninja and Antoni0 like this.
  10. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Three very different areas. I'd say Inala has the best growth potential but probably the worst yield. Bellbird Park will have a better demographic then Marsden in general but similarly I don't think the right house will give you the same yield that Marsden can. They're all near highways and have easy access to amenities. Ultimately it comes down to the individual purchase- I'd say there's no reason not to look at all three, or even a wider area again.

Heinz57 and MrKen1410 like this.
  11. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I personally think that Inala is underpriced ATM, it seemed to suffer most from a COVID downturn. If i was considering the thee mentioned Inala would be first, then Marsden (or suburbs adjacent to rail), and i would rank Bellbird last.

Opinion only.

Whilst the M1 topic is on the post, the track from Northern Rivers to Bris is booming in terms of cars on road. That tells us (I think) that Logan looks good longer term. Traffic is problem both ways, and not just commuter times. There will be a new M1 (road to nowhere) but the population just keeps an upward trend. My feeling is BrisVegas is developing South

12. Antoni0

All the areas the OP mentioned, I’ll guarantee that you'll struggle to get quality tenants unless it's an up market rental for the area. It's cheaper to buy your own home than rent for most of those areas. You've got to be really careful buying in those areas as there're awful pockets, and you'll get nothing but problems.

13. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

'Cheaper to buy than rent' is an interesting point. Renting in some families is a reality even if buying were cheaper. Buying remains out of reach. These ppl make excellent tenants. Especially if they are a little older perhaps coupling up in their later years? They are responsible want to stay for ever, pay their rent and look after the place.

craigc and Rich2011 like this.
  14. Antoni0

Most of the long term renters that you're talking about in these areas are priced out of the market, we have 2 long term tenants in different homes that are more than 30% under average market value, it's getting difficult with all the extra costs of running rentals to keep rents low.

15. Rich2011

We can agree to disagree ;)

Tomorrow, depart Rochedale South/Springwood at 4.15pm right in the middle of peak hour. According to Google the average trip time is 22 mins and as low as 16 mins - in peak hour... The reverse trip is not much longer. The upgraded Gateway merge has improved things drastically. Lets also not forget the inbound trip there's currently road works on the M1, once these are completed this example could be even quicker.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 28th Dec, 2020
    boganfromlogan likes this.
  16. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

You just need a good PM, a good attitude and an adequate maintenance budget- in 99% of cases we have no issues getting good tenants in the worst areas (which we seem to have inadvertently specialized in- ha!).

Antoni0 and Rich2011 like this.
  17. Coastal

Coastal Well-Known Member

Brisbane Peak Hour is not that bad.

Takes me 45 mins or so driving in from Calamvale to City in peak hour if I leave around 7 to 7 30.

If I leave at 6:30, I'm at the Myer Centre car park by 7 ish.

My trip is via Algester Road, Beudesert Road and then on Mains Road to the motorway.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Yesterday was a public holiday and today many many businesses will be closed. Since March, commute times have dropped significantly.

Antoni0 and Sam Yue like this.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.